Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Off Topic Chat Sign & Digital 2010

• Shane Drew

April 15, 2010 at 9:11 pm

I think Jason has one of the metallic printers now. He may see this post.

I’ve heard this complaint a few times now tho.

• David Lowery

April 16, 2010 at 7:20 am
    quote Jillbeans:

That’s because I wasn’t there to flirt with you.
    😉

😀

• John Childs

April 16, 2010 at 8:33 am
    quote Martin Cole:

alas I am in Lanzarote.

Time to come home Martin.

The work is piling up for you.

• David Rowland

April 16, 2010 at 9:05 am

Well we are back, that was some doing!

• Lorraine Clinch

April 16, 2010 at 9:28 am

Yep, back to the grind now!
    Definitely the best bit of the show was in Weatherspoons!

I got a Zapkut sheet cutter for my birthday! Just got to re-build the shop to accommodate it now…

(a good tidy up and clear-out will help!)

Good to see friends from the boards, that is what the show is all about for me. :lol1:

Hopefully everyone who was flying away from Birmingham will have managed to get home safely by now.

Lorraine

• Jason Bagladi

April 16, 2010 at 9:29 am
    quote Peter Normington:

quote Jason Bagladi:

I wasn’t overly impressed with the show. Went there to look at laminators and there were hardly any. After about 3 hrs I was done and on the road home!
    Looked at the metallic print from the new Roland and came to the conclusion that if you didn’t laminate any print from it, it would be a waste of time and money. The metallic smudged and marked really easily.

I saw the Roland in Ireland last year when it was launched along with quite a few others from the boards, yes it is a machine that is looking for a market. but I dont think it was any different from any other unlaminated print, yes when fresh you will be able to mark any print but leave it to dry properly, and it will be far more robust.

No I DON’T have a Roland, but as you point out, you did not really spend any time at the show, so not a lot of time to evaluatem so perhaps someone who has a Roland metalic would care to comment?

Peter

Peter,

I took a few pre printed samples from different suppliers at the show. All samples displayed the same problem. The standard CYMK print was good as you would expect but the metallic parts would mark and smudge very easily.
    Just my opinion.

• Shaun Cleary

April 16, 2010 at 10:38 pm

I had my trigger on the new purchase and when I got home I decided to scratch my finger across to see if it was durable enough, I didn’t even need to do that it smudges easily and this is 72hrs after it was printed on a sticker.

How the hell can this be any good (Seller: You can put it on Banner media) how the hell can you do that when if I run my finger across it I have smudges.

So the biggest draw back is it must be laminated.

Page 2 of 2