Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Off Topic Chat Sign & Digital 2010

• Sign & Digital 2010

Posted by John Wilson on March 21, 2010 at 2:13 pm

So who’s all going?

I think i’ll be doing the 3 days this time round so that I can see more of the workshops and still see people

Travel down by train on the Tuesday afternoon and return late Thursday after I get thrown out of the hotel room :lol1:

Shaun Cleary replied 14 years ago 42 Members · 107 Replies
  • 107 Replies
  • Paul S Martin

March 21, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Hi John

Still not sure M8 I think Rob & Peter have these details in hand, I will be going for the 3 day’s also I think it’s better to get there one day before the show starts.

Are you coming down on your own and were are you staying at.

Paul 😉

• John Childs

March 21, 2010 at 2:51 pm

I’ll be there Wednesday.

• Shaun Cleary

March 21, 2010 at 3:18 pm

I think robert has some hotel plan’s which may be posted soon.

• John Wilson

March 21, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I’ll be at the Hilton, easiest for access

Not sure if i’ll be traveling alone or now yet as i’m not sure how others are getting there

• Nicola McIntosh

March 21, 2010 at 9:20 pm
    quote John Wilson:

after I get thrown out of the hotel room :lol1:

take it Karen’s not going with you this year then 😉

• John Wilson

March 21, 2010 at 9:27 pm
    quote Nicola McIntosh:

quote John Wilson:

after I get thrown out of the hotel room :lol1:

take it Karen’s not going with you this year then 😉

How did you guess? haha

Fortunately….. I mean unfortunately she’s got other work on 😎 i mean 🙁

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

• John Childs

March 21, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Are you going Nik? I think I owe you a drink. 😎

• Lynn Normington

March 21, 2010 at 9:34 pm

I think you mean John Nik owes you one 😀

Lynn

• Cheryl Smith

March 22, 2010 at 7:46 am

id love to go this year…dates? …better have a look

• John Wilson

March 22, 2010 at 9:03 am
    quote Cheryl Smith:

id love to go this year…dates? …better have a look

13-15 April….. look forward to seeing you there again 😉

• Gareth Hankinson

March 24, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Any news from Rob on hotels and meals yet? Planning on goin wed Thurs if I can move some work around.

• Paul Hughes

March 24, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Hi

I am there for all three days, working on the sign makers demo area, should be good fun, looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible for a natter, but hay i know i am not going to see many of you…..

I am nowhere near the Bar 😀

Paul

• Warren Beard

March 24, 2010 at 2:50 pm
    quote Gareth Hankinson:

Any news from Rob on hotels and meals yet? Planning on goin wed Thurs if I can move some work around.

Yeah, is anything being planned or are we sorting ourselves this year as I plan to stay over night.

• Paul S Martin

March 26, 2010 at 6:53 am

🙁 not sure if Rob is too busy with his work load 🙁

only 3 weeks to go Yip Yip 😀

Paul

• David Rowland

March 26, 2010 at 8:23 am

well i think its your own plans this year. Watch out for the train strike also, should not affect us but they said after easter.

• John Macdonald

March 28, 2010 at 9:49 am

Hello everyone

Do you think I will be able to take my 7 year old daughter. We want to attend the vinyl appllication seminar. plus the fact I can use my family rail card.

John

• John Macdonald

March 28, 2010 at 10:03 am

Just seen no one under 16 will be admitted. Will take her to Yarmouth instead.

Thats a shame.

John

• Cheryl Smith

April 6, 2010 at 12:04 pm

signboards get together not being organized this year then?
    …I dont blame Rob if it is all too much to take on himself.

• John Childs

April 6, 2010 at 9:20 pm
    quote Cheryl Smith:

signboards get together not being organized this year then?

Looks not Cheryl.

But I’m sure that we’ll amuse ourselves somehow. 😀

• Lynn Normington

April 6, 2010 at 9:42 pm

😀 😀 😀 I’m sure you will Mr. Childs 😀 😀 😀 you will visit all the stands several times over 😀 depending who has the most wine left 🙄

Lynn

• Hugh Potter

April 9, 2010 at 9:21 am

just looking at booking a train ticket for same day return to birmingham international and back again on the wed’s, i couldn’t quite work out why the 14th seemed so familiar, that nagging feeling that something else is happening….

it’s just clicked as I was about to pay for the ticket….

it’s my eldest son’s 17th Birthday. i’ve got an unavoidable meeting on tuesday and i’m taking my younger son to a 2day london wasps rugby academy thing on thursday morning

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHhhhhhhhhh 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁

now what do i do? was looking forward to getting up there and seeing ya’ll again, even if only briefly 😕 😕

• John Childs

April 9, 2010 at 9:42 am
    quote Hugh Potter:

now what do i do?

You go to the NEC.

If he’s anything of a son, then he’ll understand.

If it was an 18th, or a 21st, or something special, then it might be different.

• Kate Griffiths

April 9, 2010 at 10:41 am

Have you all entered our competition for the amazing F1 Day that you can win for a wrapping on our stand….driving during the day, over night stay for you and a guest with dinner and breakfast included???? 🙂

• Gareth Hankinson

April 9, 2010 at 11:05 am

Don’t worry Hugh, my daughter was due on the Wednesday
    of the show last year she might have actually been a week or so overdue can’t remember haha I chanced it and went to the show for two days knew she would be late as most women are ha!

Sure he would understand. I think were only going on the first day this year as to busy to do any of the others.

• Martin Gray

April 9, 2010 at 11:16 am

Hiya folks

I’m not going to manage this year gutted!! 🙁 but am sure ul all have a good time in my absences!

John am sure i got a e-mail threw saying something about creche facilities not sure what the details where tho. Maybe someone else knows more about it??

Martin

• Hugh Potter

April 9, 2010 at 11:55 am
    quote John Childs:

quote Hugh Potter:

now what do i do?

You go to the NEC.

If he’s anything of a son, then he’ll understand.

If it was an 18th, or a 21st, or something special, then it might be different.

well if the baby sitter (me ma!) confirms she can have the other two from 7am til 10pm and get them to their respective wed’s night clubs, then there’s a good chance i’ll come up still, My lad has said he’d like to come up with me but, now i’m wondering if the £110 it’s gonna cost for the privilege of 7hrs+ on trains wouldn’t be better spent on a grand day out for four of us instead of just two!

hate decisions like this!

quote Gareth Hankinson:

Don’t worry Hugh, my daughter was due on the Wednesday
    of the show last year she might have actually been a week or so overdue can’t remember haha I chanced it and went to the show for two days knew she would be late as most women are ha!

Sure he would understand. I think were only going on the first day this year as to busy to do any of the others.

lol, women eh! 🙄

• Scott.Evans

April 10, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Hi all,

I’m going up tonight, the gadget show is on at the NEC so will be attending that tomorrow and staying till Tuesday for the sign show.

looking forward to seeing you all. 😀

• Derek Heron

April 11, 2010 at 8:59 am

4 of us traveling down Tuesday morning

what time is the meet up at the bar

Derek

• Peter Normington

April 11, 2010 at 11:36 am

Wednesday from 1 is the normal meeting time
    so 1 oclock on the other days ?

I am trying to go on the last day (thurs) but not sure untill I get there
    Peter

• Derek Heron

April 11, 2010 at 1:02 pm

thanks peter
    i will leave a pint for you and a spritzer for lynn on the bar

derek

• Jill Marie Welsh

April 11, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Hugh I would take your son with you if possible.
    I have taken both my older kids to Letterhead meets on a train (not the same meet, one kid at a time) and the one was a 16-hour train trip.
    That was when my son was 15 and after the meet I kept hearing rumors about someone caught in flagrante delicto in a port-o-potty.
    Found out about a year later it was my son.
    😳
    Not saying that I hope your son does that, but the train trip and show are a nice bonding time. I am taking my youngest to Ireland in 2012.

I still get grief for attending a Steelers game for which I got last-minute free tickets on my daughter’s 16th birthday, even though I was home in plenty of time to take her out to dinner.
    😉

• John Macdonald

April 11, 2010 at 1:21 pm

I have just registered and would like to do 2 days but will not pay £50 for a nights stay. I would rather go home and come back the next day. £46 off peak return. Regardding the creche. They were seeing how many were interested before they made a decision. It was going to cost £5 for the day. But I wanted my daughter to see the seminars not stay in a creche all day.

John

• Martin Cole

April 11, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Would love to join you again this year…..but alas I am in Lanzarote. Tough I know but someones got to be here 😀 although it has taken 2 and a half days for the sun to come out 😎 Anyway those who are going have a good time.

• John Childs

April 11, 2010 at 9:50 pm

That’s bad news Martin. You will be missed.

Along with a lot of others. 🙁

• John Childs

April 12, 2010 at 7:43 am
    quote Kate – Grafityp:

Have you all entered our competition for the amazing F1 Day that you can win for a wrapping on our stand

Lovely thought Kate. Just two problems……

1. I can’t wrap a parcel.

2. I doubt I could get into a Formula One car.

It’s a nice offer though, but perhaps I’ll leave this one to the youngsters. 😀

• Paul Hughes

April 12, 2010 at 8:30 am

Hi All

Just loading up to go set up the Sign Makers demo area see you at the show!!!

Paul

• John Macdonald

April 12, 2010 at 9:42 am

I am thinking of going up on tuesday by train on an open return and might sleep in the airport for the night so I can go back on Wednesday.

Thats my plan at the moment

John Mac

• Roger Clements

April 12, 2010 at 9:52 am

Driving up on Tuesday….first time visiting the show so I hope you’ll understand it’s quite exciting for me…..lots of nice shiny things I can’t afford…. (<(

• Neil Speirs

April 12, 2010 at 10:12 am

Visiting the show Tuesday & Wednesday, haven’t been for 5 years so really looking forward to it 🙂

• Kevin Flowers

April 12, 2010 at 10:55 am

Hi all
    going up early Tuesday with the wife, only time she as an interest in sign making but i have a feeling she goes just to stop me spending 😀
    Hope to see some of you guys there

Kev

• Robert Lambie

April 12, 2010 at 11:02 am

ill be arriving Tuesday around 3pm, will leave close of doors Thursday.
    hope to catch some of you there… 😀

• George Elsmore

April 12, 2010 at 12:40 pm

hopefully Wednesday may have a quick half with anyone who’s buying :lol1:

• Jamie Wood

April 12, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Hopefully see some of you on Wednesday….

• Kate Pollard

April 12, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Heading up tomorrow staying until end of day wed hope to see you Rob been ages!

• Billy Cook

April 12, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Going up on Wednesday and again on Thursday if i can sort out some kind of accommodation, if not a night in the car 😀

• Kate Pollard

April 12, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Ive booked rooms at the Britannia in Coventry on £29 a room!! and its only about 25mins away

• Lorraine Clinch

April 12, 2010 at 4:15 pm
    quote Kate Pollard:

Ive booked rooms at the Britannia in Coventry on £29 a room!! and its only about 25mins away

Hi Kate
    We’ve got a room just outside of Coventry, but I have now been warned that the M6 is a giant parking lot at certain times, so not sure if the 25 minutes is going to be very accurate!

Hopefully we will see some of you on Wednesday in the bar.

• Kate Pollard

April 12, 2010 at 4:45 pm

hehe well as long as the sun is shining I can start working on my drivers arm 🙂

Bar it is!

• John Childs

April 12, 2010 at 5:11 pm
    quote Lorraine Clinch:

I have now been warned that the M6 is a giant parking lot at certain times,

Hi Lorraine.

No guarantees of course, but M6 congestion is usually from junction 4 towards Birmingham. You will be going in the opposite direction, and so might escape the worst of it.

Where were you on Saturday? 😀

• John Macdonald

April 12, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Hi Kate.

I think the brit was the hotel I stayed at in Coventry last year. If I stay tomorrow night it will be in the airport.

John Mac

• Phill Fenton

April 12, 2010 at 6:27 pm

I just hope that airport security doesn’t mistake your body tucked up fast asleep inside your sleeping bag as "abandoned luggage" and undertake a controlled explosion to minimise the risk to other passengers 😕

• John Macdonald

April 12, 2010 at 7:16 pm

I need to get past them first. Apparantly starbucks is open 24hrs and weatherspoon opens at 4am. I d rather go home and come back again than pay ridiculous prices for a nights kip

• Neil Davey

April 12, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Going up Wednesday with my trusty sidekick Kris.
    He’s the young and handsome one on the team 😀

Hopefully see some of you there,
    perhaps Kris will buy me a pint………. 🙄

• Harry Cleary

April 12, 2010 at 8:15 pm
    quote John Macdonald:

I need to get past them first. Apparantly starbucks is open 24hrs and weatherspoon opens at 4am. I d rather go home and come back again than pay ridiculous prices for a nights kip

😮 😮 29 quid for a half decent nights sleep? What is a non ridiculous price John? Hotels have to make a profit too, anyways… fall in with Rob and the gang and you won’t get or need any sleep 😀 😀

• Peter Normington

April 12, 2010 at 8:24 pm
    quote John Macdonald:

John its a business expence , so tax deductable.
    If you are making money from signs then you pass your expenses on to your customers, thats the way of the world, sign uk is all about suppliers selling their products and services, you dont have to atttend, but if you feel it is a rip off for accomadation, you may not find the show of value to you.
    save your money, and just read what uksg members recomend, after the show is over.

Peter

• Jill Marie Welsh

April 12, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Starbucks has the nastiest coffee.
    Our McDs just started using powdered creamer in theirs, yuck.

Have fun!
    Wish I could be there.
    My room last year was the absolute nicest hotel room I’ve ever been in.
    Too bad I was too drunk to enjoy it.
    I even had trouble with the light switch!
    Took me till the next morning to figure out.
    (you had to use your room key in a slot outside the bathroom)
    I had to put my makeup on in the regular room mirror, no wonder why I looked so bad.
    🙂
    I called home three times from there, I didn’t care how much it cost, and my phone bill was $112.
    But it was worth it.

• John Macdonald

April 12, 2010 at 8:31 pm

I agree with you all. But I have only just decided to go. Have not even got my train ticket yet. Anyway sleeping rough is the only exciting thing I get to do.

Hope I make it tomorrow

John Mac

• John Childs

April 12, 2010 at 8:44 pm

I’ve done my share in the past, but I think my days of roughing it are over now. 😀

• Billy Cook

April 12, 2010 at 8:56 pm
    quote Kate Pollard:

can you PM me the hotel details?

• John Childs

April 12, 2010 at 9:10 pm
    quote Billy Cook:

can you PM me the hotel details?

Google?

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/britann … lAod5noRvA

• Billy Cook

April 12, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Thanks john! 😎

Anyone staying at Hylands Hotel or Days Inn Corley? Would be cool nice to meet a few people on here at the same time as ill be on my own 😕

• Neil Speirs

April 13, 2010 at 5:05 am

Days inn Corley tonight

• John Wilson

April 13, 2010 at 6:03 am

So tired but I’ll see you all soon hopefully

• Cheryl Smith

April 13, 2010 at 6:54 am

not going to be able to make it this year…….
    everyone have a fantastic time….!!!

• Harry Cleary

April 13, 2010 at 8:30 am
    quote Cheryl Smith:

not going to be able to make it this year…….
    everyone have a fantastic time….!!!

Me neither….enjoy yourselves yis busturds! 🙁 🙁 😀

• Andrew Ritchie

April 13, 2010 at 9:10 am

Robs supposed to be leaving soon to catch his train, lost his car key and is away to his gym to see if he left it there last night. they have quoted him £240 for a new one… good start to the day! :lol1: :lol1:

• Hugh Potter

April 13, 2010 at 12:08 pm

sorry guys, i’m out, the grumpy half of the babysitters (grumpa) has decided it’s too much hassle to ensure my younger lad gets to his evening club commitments etc, can’t have him wondering about at 10pm while i’m on a train so i’m gonna have to give it a miss folks.

hope ya’ll have a great time!

• John Macdonald

April 13, 2010 at 12:42 pm

I have just got my train tickets for tomorrow. It cost me £23 return. Thats from London Euston to Birmingham International. That even includes travel from Harold Wood into London Euston.

• Hugh Potter

April 13, 2010 at 1:00 pm
    quote John Macdonald:

I have just got my train tickets for tomorrow. It cost me £23 return. Thats from London Euston to Birmingham International. That even includes travel from Harold Wood into London Euston.

not bad!! i was looking at £52.50 return from uckfield (east sussex) to london bridge, tube to euston, virgin hi speed to birmingham international, pretty good i thought as fuel in my car would cost twice that!

• John Macdonald

April 13, 2010 at 1:05 pm

It work out at 2 £11.50 singles. But I have to get the first train from harold wood at 4.47. As I am only spending the day there its worked out good. I just want to attend the signmaking seminars.

• Jill Marie Welsh

April 13, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Yeah but remember not to make small talk to or eye contact with anyone in the train or they will stare at you in terror. Maybe that only happens to Americans though.
    :lol1:

• Harry Cleary

April 13, 2010 at 1:07 pm

One man asleep in the airport,
    One man slept in,
    One man lost his car keys,
    One man with grumpy babysitters
    can I not leave yis to organise anything….it getting like the proverbial plss up in a brewery!…. 😮 😮 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄

• John Macdonald

April 13, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Nice one Harry. Like it. Lets hope I dont sleep in tomorrow. lol

• George Elsmore

April 14, 2010 at 7:29 am
    quote Harry Cleary:

One man asleep in the airport,
    One man slept in,
    One man lost his car keys,
    One man with grumpy babysitters
    can I not leave yis to organise anything….it getting like the proverbial plss up in a brewery!…. 😮 😮 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄

I will have your beers Harry…couldnt even be bothered to hop on a flight to Brum tut tut and I was going to buy you some black stuff!

• Harry Cleary

April 14, 2010 at 8:30 am
    quote George Elsmore:

I will have your beers Harry…couldnt even be bothered to hop on a flight to Brum tut tut and I was going to buy you some black stuff!

Don’t talk to me George!…nobody more disappointed than me! Got too much happening abroad this year and if I had put my nose up for the SignUk bash then I may have lost it! 🙁
    Enjoy the pints and the craic sir!

• Lorraine Clinch

April 14, 2010 at 10:26 am

Well, I’m in the Signmakers COFFEE Bar with a giant cappucino (oh, and Geoff, of course!!)
    Not seen anyone yet today, although we briefly saw John Wilson yesterday morning. No doubt we’ll catch someone in the bar later.

Lorraine

• Harry Cleary

April 14, 2010 at 10:32 am
    quote Lorraine Clinch:

although we briefly saw John Wilson yesterday morning.

Lorraine

Did you wake him up? 😀

• Tim Painter

April 14, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Anyone got any feedback on the Show this year compared to last.

I’m looking at a flying visit tomorrow.

Some comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tim.

• Gary Birch

April 14, 2010 at 1:59 pm

We went yesterday, I have only been once before which was 6 years ago so can only compare it to that. Seemed to be a lot smaller than I remember but enjoyed it none the less.

Went down with intention of looking at a couple of things which we managed to do.

On the whole I was surprised how small it was compared with what I remembered but still a worthwhile trip. However, I don’t think that if I had been there last year I would be feeling the same way.

Cheers

Gary

• Roger Clements

April 14, 2010 at 2:07 pm

I went yesterday for the first time therefore with an open mind. I found it very ‘user friendly’ with all and everyone exhibiting having the time to stop and chat. Whilst this was good for me one ‘major’ exhibitor did say things were very slow compared to last year. So all in all it was good for a ‘virgin’ sign show visitor…..and yes I did spend more than intended…. 😀

• Liam Pattison

April 14, 2010 at 3:13 pm

I last went in 1999 and compared to what i remember it is much smaller this year and the stands and displays are not as elaborate as before.

This did not make it any less enjoyable for me though and i have got lots of info and advice from suppliers and new supplier contacts, i think i will come here every year now.

I brought a maxx heat press and lots of accessories from the target stand and then ended up wishing i’d looked at the grafityp stand first as they had a beast of a swing press on display, but i’m happy with what i got with some discount as well.

And thanks to the people on here who recommended that i wait until the show to make my purchase.

I hope i have made some money to spend at the show next year!!

Liam

• Jamie Wood

April 14, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Just got back, and although I enjoyed it, I thought that it was less busy than
    last year, with one or two major names missing. Too busy to go for beers
    though, much to my annoyance. 🙁

• Jill Marie Welsh

April 14, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Jamie do you mean the bar was too busy?
    There must have been lots of UKSBers there then.
    :lol1:

• Jamie Wood

April 14, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Nah…I had to get back to work. Bah. Saw George, Dave R and Andy Gorman
    though.

• Lorraine Clinch

April 14, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Just left the rogues in the bar,(yes.still there!) Now on train back to the hotel.

• Harry Cleary

April 14, 2010 at 6:09 pm
    quote Lorraine Clinch:

Just left the rogues in the bar,(yes.still there!) Now on train back to the hotel.

Fader! 😀

• John Wilson

April 14, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Shocking Lorraine…. Ducking out early tut tut

You away back to that bush or away home to "The Dog Inn"?

• Andy Gorman

April 14, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Nice to see a few faces again, I haven’t been for a couple of years.

Is it me, or were there a LOT of Chinese/Oriental suppliers there? Sign of things to come I suppose.

• Jason Davies

April 14, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Is Spandex there? Making my way up tomorrow.

jason

• Neil Davey

April 14, 2010 at 10:32 pm
    quote Jason Davies:

Is Spandex there? Making my way up tomorrow.

jason

No Jason, Spandex are not there.

They’re every other year and have their Open House days when they’re not there, if that makes sense 😕

• Jason Davies

April 14, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Thanks, yep makes sense, missed them the last time I was there. Their loss, I’ll find another supplier.

Regards
    Jason

• George Elsmore

April 15, 2010 at 7:47 am

Lozza’s pub 😮

Attachments:

• Phill Fenton

April 15, 2010 at 8:23 am

Many sign show visitors will have flown into Birmingham to visit the show.
    I hope they can get home after the show ends today. Flights from all Scottish airports are grounded and many other airports in Britain are severely disrupted by a cloud of volcanic ash drifting across the UK and Northern Europe.

• John Thomson

April 15, 2010 at 10:05 am

I flew home yesterday so just made it back!

Thought it was a wind up this morning when I heard that planes were grounded.

Show was good as normal………nice to say hello face to face with both friends and suppliers.

john

• David Lowery

April 15, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Went yesterday. Thought Same-o Same-o 😕

• Jill Marie Welsh

April 15, 2010 at 1:10 pm

That’s because I wasn’t there to flirt with you.
    😉

• John Childs

April 15, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Anybody seen anything of Rob.

He was flaked out in the hotel bar last time I saw him.

He looked so sweet that I didn’t want to disturb him, and just went to bed and left him there. 😀

• Jill Marie Welsh

April 15, 2010 at 2:52 pm

He got the last available flight out of B’ham and I just picked him up at Pittsburgh International. He smells of FCUK and watermelon Breezers.

• Jason Bagladi

April 15, 2010 at 6:11 pm

I wasn’t overly impressed with the show. Went there to look at laminators and there were hardly any. After about 3 hrs I was done and on the road home!
    Looked at the metallic print from the new Roland and came to the conclusion that if you didn’t laminate any print from it, it would be a waste of time and money. The metallic smudged and marked really easily.

• Peter Normington

April 15, 2010 at 7:40 pm
    quote Jason Bagladi:

I wasn’t overly impressed with the show. Went there to look at laminators and there were hardly any. After about 3 hrs I was done and on the road home!
    Looked at the metallic print from the new Roland and came to the conclusion that if you didn’t laminate any print from it, it would be a waste of time and money. The metallic smudged and marked really easily.

I saw the Roland in Ireland last year when it was launched along with quite a few others from the boards, yes it is a machine that is looking for a market. but I dont think it was any different from any other unlaminated print, yes when fresh you will be able to mark any print but leave it to dry properly, and it will be far more robust.

No I DON’T have a Roland, but as you point out, you did not really spend any time at the show, so not a lot of time to evaluatem so perhaps someone who has a Roland metalic would care to comment?

Peter

Page 1 of 2