• Marcella Ross

June 7, 2007 at 10:59 pm
    quote Phill:

Iis someone getting his knob sucked off :headbang2:

:yes1: :lol1:

• Peter Normington

June 7, 2007 at 11:11 pm

Of course you are correct Phil, and that was one of the elements that the designers incorporated, (Felatio) whether in the olympic villages, or part of the backhanders to the people building them.

It has already become an icon, even if it is dumped for the olympics,

Peter

• Michael Potter

June 8, 2007 at 7:04 am

personally I thought the top right Block was a stylized Australia.
    All of you are so quick and clever. All I can do is shake my head in amazement. I think the logo is total rubbish very nephew art & I would be ashamed (but Rich) if it came from our shed. 😀

• John Wilson

June 8, 2007 at 7:33 am
    quote John Harding:

John that’s great can I have your permission to stick that on my van 😀 😀

if so post the vector 😉

John

I found the pic online, when would i have the time to do that :lol1:

• John Harding

June 8, 2007 at 3:51 pm
    quote :

I found the pic online, when would i have the time to do that

great i will do it over the weekend then I didnt want to upset you if it was your creation 😉

cheryl pm me your email and i will forward it to you

John

• Martin Pearson

June 8, 2007 at 7:28 pm

Thanks Phill, maybe I am a bit naive but I honestly hadn’t seen it like that, now I will never be able to look at it the same again.!!!

• Robert Lambie

June 8, 2007 at 10:06 pm

Peter
    As I said mate, my attempt was a bit of fun or I would have spent a bit more time on it. After about an hour I got bored so loaded it as it is… on the other hand, if I was getting even a fraction of that £400,000 fee ide have made damn sure I didn’t give them something to give a tacky headline like the “date looks wrong”
    As for the two’s being runners etc… im not looking for folk to see them as anything other thaN “2’s” but the style and flow of the charactors does represent just that in my head and ultimately helped me design it in the way I have. Will it appeal to everyone, not a chance… everyone has different tastes, but a happy medium is a good enough for me.

quote :

were the 2012 logo designers, arty farty, or bush1ters?

These people are obviously more than capable of doing their job very well or they would not be able to demand such a fee. However, I wouldn’t say this has not been done to bullsh1t their way through it… I think they simply made an ar$e of the logo. They got it wrong, and badly at that!

• Peter Normington

June 8, 2007 at 10:39 pm

Rob,

I wasnt knocking you, or your design, ( Idid say I liked It)
    the 2012 design is pants, most agree.
    perhaps the designers tried to hard to incorporate all the concepts that were dictated to them by a commitee?

I can just imagine how it went at the first meeting…

needs to incorporate…

date!
    Great Britain!
    London!
    Sport!
    Dont forget the gay’s!
    Olympic rings
    Dont forget the gay’s!

etc, etc….

• Robert Lambie

June 9, 2007 at 3:07 pm
    quote Peter Normington:

Rob,
    I wasnt knocking you, or your design, ( Idid say I liked It)
    the 2012 design is pants, most agree.
    perhaps the designers tried to hard to incorporate all the concepts that were dictated to them by a commitee?

Peter
    sorry mate, my explanation may have come over as i am trying to defend my logo. in some way i guess i am but my post was not geared that way. in all honesty it was geared to defend the "arty farty" comment, simply because i think any sign makers that take their work seriously do in fact come under the "arty farty" tag, yourself included! 😉
    i think the only diference maybe that some may delve a bit deeper…. anyway…

as for me posting anythig on UKSB, i do it very "off the cuff" and thick skinned… i take constructive comments on board, but ignore the rest. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: in a good way of course, as i do not see the point in posting work only for it to be given praise, when in many ways constructive criticism would help the originator. 😀

• Martin Pearson

June 9, 2007 at 11:20 pm

Robert, sorry but I have to disagree with you. I personally don’t think that all sign makers who are serious about what they do fall into the arty farty category at all but then I suppose it depends on your definition of arty farty really.

Page 2 of 2