Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers xc540 roland ink blockage ? c is blocked i think opinions?

• xc540 roland ink blockage ? c is blocked i think opinions?

Posted by Shawn Bentley on April 12, 2016 at 9:41 pm

hi guys I’ve got xc540 pro111 roland, c head is not coming through, as you can see by test prints, I’ve done 3 powerful cleans and still the same any advice you can give would be appreciated, pic attached, been running fine all day until this evening, think i may need an engineer any ideas herts/essex area. cheers in advance

Attachments:

Kevin Flowers replied 8 years ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Kevin Flowers

April 12, 2016 at 10:10 pm

Shawn
    have you had an head strike, if not i would be looking at your ink cartridge & capping station. To check put a syringe on to the pipe that comes off the capping station on that head if you have no suction you can reset the capping height via the service menu until you can get the cap replaced

Kev

• Shawn Bentley

April 12, 2016 at 10:15 pm

hi kev, no head strike that i know of, i changed the cyan ink as had a spare but still no luck, been going fine all day printing blues but this evening suddenly went like it? where would i buy a syringe that would fit? cheers lev

• Shawn Bentley

April 12, 2016 at 10:23 pm

heres image of underneath heads

Attachments:

• Kevin Flowers

April 12, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Shawn
    use to get mine off of Eb*y make sure it has a small nozzle. I would say from the pic that it would not hurt to have an engineer look at it your cap stations don’t look to be sealing very central in fact much more over & they probably wouldn’t seal at all. May not be causing this problem but could in future. Where in the country are you based

Kev

• Shawn Bentley

April 12, 2016 at 11:37 pm

Hi Kev I’m sawbridgeworth Hertfordshire border of Essex cheers

• Kevin Flowers

April 12, 2016 at 11:54 pm

Not a million miles away if you get stuck i’ll try & pop in, try a local chemist you may have to explain its use. If you can get in to the service menu you get adjust the capping station up a step which will sometimes help as a stop gap. Do you have a service manual, i can email you the Pro 2 one its just basically an earlier version of your machine will be some differences but minimal as i replaced parts on mine they all came with XC540 stamped on them.

Kev

• Shawn Bentley

April 13, 2016 at 5:49 am

Hi Kev thanks, where are u based, I’be never done anything to machine so a bit worried about doing for first time in case I do something wrong, anyway u could pop by if u live near happy to pay you for your time?, I think it’s got to be blocked as was running fine all day and prior to this, thanks in advance you’ve been great help, I can pm my number to you, cheers

• Mark A Brown

April 14, 2016 at 5:04 pm

Hi Shawn,

Looks more like a damper has gone, rather than a capping station. If the capping station was at fault wouldn’t both sides of the head be having issues. There are 2 dampers per head. Try changing the damper.

From Mark

• Shawn Bentley

April 14, 2016 at 5:12 pm

hi mark had engineer out today (julian@evolution plus) really good engineer, he sorted problem got it going lovely then it went again lol we then realised damper must have gone, thanks you were spot on, cheers shawn

• Kevin Flowers

April 14, 2016 at 8:31 pm

Shawn
    glad you are up & running obviously had a capping issue if it drew ink once caps where sorted. Thought you said dampers had been done but obviously not, probably someone else i was talking to.

Kev