Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers xc540 ink spilling? any ideas

• xc540 ink spilling? any ideas

Posted by Shawn Bentley on April 7, 2017 at 10:54 am

hi guys, my roland xc540 pro3 seems to leak ink when printing, i get blobs of wet ink of the left hand side of the machine, any ideas whats causing this? pics attached thanks in advance.

Attachments:

Shawn Bentley replied 7 years ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Chris Wool

April 8, 2017 at 7:35 pm

Normally the sign that the capping top . wipers and pump not doing there job
    Could be more sinister like air leak on head

Start by cleaning and checking the capping and that the pump is clearing all the excess away. Perhaps clean or new wipers and don’t forget the scraper blade

• Shawn Bentley

April 8, 2017 at 8:03 pm

hi chris thanks for info, wheres the scraper blade?,

• Chris Wool

April 8, 2017 at 8:22 pm

Ha waiting for that sorry
    Think the xc has the same as mine
    Where the wipers go and park in the small box is a wiper that wipes the main wipers called a wiper scraper.
    This gets forgotten about or not known about but helps to keep the head wipers in better knick

• Shawn Bentley

April 8, 2017 at 8:23 pm

Ah cool thank u will look at that as well cheers

• Simon Worrall

April 9, 2017 at 7:59 am

Could be a piece of thread or other foreign matter on the print head.
    Perhaps you have recently printed a banner and it picked it up off the hem?

• Shawn Bentley

April 9, 2017 at 8:02 am

Cheers Simon I’ve run a powerful clean but been happening for now just got round to asking lol

• Jamie Dale

April 9, 2017 at 9:30 am

I remember my xc540 and it was a complete pain for this too.

The problem can be anything but always start from the cheapest thing.

If it’s not a build up on the head and then it dropping off when there is too much excess, it will be an air leak in the line somewhere (somewhere from the cartridges to the printhead) you can test this by having a syringe with luer lock and attach to the capping station drain pipe whilst the printhead is seated. There should be resistance. If there is no resistance and your captops are in good working order it’s an air leak along the line somewhere.

The way I would check personally is:

1) Check for a build up of fibres around the head when with a bright led light / capping station / wiper / scraper etc and clean
    2) Check resistance from the captop drain with the heads seated
    3) Check resistance from the captop drain to the dampers (could be a cracked head manifold/seal)
    4) If everything is fine to this point replace the dx4 head

• Shawn Bentley

April 9, 2017 at 9:35 am

Thanks Jamie will look into that

• Kevin Flowers

April 9, 2017 at 5:49 pm

Hi Shawn
    hope all is well the scraper is in the top of the wiper box, they gum up & go soft over time. Just a case of working it around to unhook it then the reverse to fit, doesn’t screw in just hooks on

Attachments:

• Shawn Bentley

April 9, 2017 at 5:55 pm

Thanks mate will look in morning cheers mate all going well really busy