• xbox 360 live

Posted by Matt Hards on December 15, 2007 at 5:02 pm

Hi guys, Just been playing online as normal, and thought Id just see if any of u guys are on live and what ur usernames are, thought could maybe hook up for some online gaming !!!!

My username is Jetmatt1985

post up ur usernames.

Warren Beard replied 14 years, 5 months ago 12 Members · 31 Replies
  • 31 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

December 15, 2007 at 7:33 pm

i have one and im online, but dont get to use it that often mate. normally working on here. 😕 :lol1: ill add you next time im on. maybe later if i slow up on the wine… :lol1:

• Peter Normington

December 15, 2007 at 10:06 pm

I just binned my 360. gone for ps3
    The xbox died, I temporally resuscitated it with my hot air gun, but it died again.

At least PS3 dont charge for online gaming…..

Peter

• Chris Wool

December 15, 2007 at 10:47 pm
    quote Peter Normington:

The xbox died, I temporally resuscitated it with my hot air gun, but it died again.

Peter

rob did say use the dish washer

chris

• Robert Lambie

December 16, 2007 at 12:15 am

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
    bet he never tried it Chirs… Im 100% behind that too. 😀

• David Rowland

December 16, 2007 at 10:46 pm

i saw my mates 360 and we went on live for the first time…
    we did video chat with a mate of his and then went into CoD4, yeah the game is exactly the same as the PC, but I cant use that damn controller. PC CoD4 rocks.

• John Wilson

December 17, 2007 at 10:13 am

I got a xbox 360 elite for the kids xmas but don’t have a tv to go with it yet 🙁

I’m on xbox live already under TShirtJohn 😉 I’ll be playing most nights from the 26th of December 😛

• Warren Beard

December 17, 2007 at 10:35 am

I also just got an XBox but it is too far to connect to the broadband line and can’t afford the £60 for the wireless plugin.

I got CoD4 but can’t believe how short it was, took me about 6 hours and it was finished 😮 Played on the 2nd to easiest level so will now need to play it again on the next harder level 🙄

Really want to go live though 😕

• Robert Lambie

December 17, 2007 at 10:44 am

i really only play COD3, bought COD4 when it came out, but in a way prefer the COD3. Still both games are great…

warren, you need to get on-line mate… makes the offline stuff feel amateurish. live is so much faster/harder. but more fun…

• John Wilson

December 17, 2007 at 10:46 am
    quote Robert Lambie:

i really only play COD3, bought COD4 when it came out, but in a way prefer the COD3. Still both games are great…

warren, you need to get on-line mate… makes the offline stuff feel amateurish. live is so much faster/harder. but more fun…

I got xbox live free with my elite 😀

• Robert Lambie

December 17, 2007 at 10:57 am

yeh, i got it free with mine too, but for a limited period.

anyway, its not your elite, its your kids, now get off it and let them play alone. 😉

• Martin Cole

December 17, 2007 at 11:14 am

I bought my self a 360 in January and had all the wires set into the wall to connect to the plasma. Played with it once for about 5 mins,

Even the kids are moaning they would rather have a Wii 🙁

So might have to sell it minus the main connection wire which needs some serious structural work to be removed 😀

What are the best and EASIEST games to get for it, I’m talking about for me (not he kids) and remembering I have an attention span of about 15 minutes,
    in other words if I can’t get the hang of the game very quickly it will go in the cupboard for good. 😕

• Matt Hards

December 17, 2007 at 12:38 pm

I play cod3 and cod4 online, also halo3, all very good online,
    cod4 is very short game, as too was halo3 i thought, but the online gaming is endless, can play for hours without getting bored. even more fun when u have a group of mates who all play together, becomes a real laugh. there are lots of games on 360 for kids, all the disney games, film games, they are usually pretty easy to pick up and play, not so good for the hardcore gamers though. my mates has a 360 and a wii, and they are both good for different things. the 360 is def the best for online gaming i think. PS3 is still trailing behind 😛

• Jason Xuereb

December 18, 2007 at 12:50 pm

Only game I play on the 360 is fight night 3. I love knocking out my brother. lol

• John Wilson

December 18, 2007 at 6:30 pm

Now I can’t remember the email addy I used to register and it’s not letting me online 🙁 Not good

• John Wilson

January 5, 2008 at 3:42 am

Got it working and been playing Halo3 all the time 😀

• David Rowland

January 5, 2008 at 9:06 pm

well apart from me, there is actually about 2-3 other signmakers here who now play CoD4 on the PC, all UKSB people but don’t post often now.

I am actually recruiting PC CoD4 and TF2 gamers to join our clan but you all seem to be xboxers so not a lot I can do there.

Oh TF2 rocks
    $this->auto_embed_video(‘http://www.youtube.com/v/9gv3XmD7-rk?version=3&hl=en_US’, ‘560’, ‘340’)

• Micheal Donnellan

January 8, 2008 at 12:56 am
    quote Peter Normington:

Peter

Never figured you for a gamer peter.

Not on xbox live as my router/isp combination will not work with it a known problem. Still playing Saints Row I prefer GTA though. Saints row is a half finished gamed rushed for money signs are every where and they trigger overkill mode.

• Steve Underhill

January 8, 2008 at 1:11 am
    quote :

I also just got an XBox but it is too far to connect to the broadband line and can’t afford the £60 for the wireless plugin.

It has an ethernet port doesnt it?
    If it does then buy an RJ45 cable long enough, its extremely cheap I pay £18 for a 305 metre box.
    😛

• John Wilson

January 8, 2008 at 8:50 am
    quote Steve Underhill:

quote :

It has an ethernet port doesnt it?
    If it does then buy an RJ45 cable long enough, its extremely cheap I pay £18 for a 305 metre box.
    😛

Yeah just wire it up Steve…… much easier 😉

• Peter Normington

January 8, 2008 at 9:44 am
    quote Micheal Donnellan:

quote Peter Normington:

Peter

Never figured you for a gamer peter.

Lifes a game Mate…

Peter

• Steve Underhill

January 8, 2008 at 10:20 am

But you dont get 3 lives in this one :lol1:

• Chris Wool

January 8, 2008 at 5:34 pm
    quote :

Lifes a game Mate…

Peter

yea BUT WHERE IS THE RESET BUTTON 😀

chris

• Warren Beard

November 15, 2009 at 8:14 pm

old thread I know but since I moved my router is now by the TV so can hook up the cable to go live and play online :dance2: so hooked everything up and still have a small and a big issue to resolve.

1) want to set up the HD but not sure how yet and now the wife is watching xfactor so I got the boot 🙄

2) the big problem is when I tried to buy membership it was declined, 1 minute later I had the bank on the phone telling me my credit card was cloned or something and they have to send me a new one and to please destroy the old one. So now i have to wait for the new card to come before I can sign up 😥 Took me long enough to enter everything in and hope I don’t have to do it again 🙄

I’ll check back when up and see if any games are going

cheers

Warren

• John Wilson

November 15, 2009 at 8:21 pm

You can buy the 12 month subscription from most game stores as it will save waiting 😛

Not sure about the rest as I never really red it…. Watchin xfactor 😛

• Peter Normington

November 15, 2009 at 10:28 pm
    quote John Wilson:

You can buy the 12 month subscription from most game stores as it will save waiting 😛

PS3
    no charges

Peter

• Warren Beard

November 15, 2009 at 11:11 pm
    quote Peter Normington:

quote John Wilson:

PS3
    no charges

Peter

I was always a Sony man, (PS1, PS2) and thought I would have a change and got an Xbox. I do now wish I had got a PS3 also for the blue ray, but seems it could be a better option besides the price but if it’s worth it ……

For now it’s xbox though so onwards and upwards 😕 :lol1:

• Harry Cleary

November 16, 2009 at 11:54 am
    quote Dave Rowland:

i saw my mates 360 and we went on live for the first time…
    we did video chat with a mate of his and then went into CoD4, yeah the game is exactly the same as the PC, but I cant use that damn controller. PC CoD4 rocks.

😀 😀 http://www.theonion.com/content/video/u … rn_warfare

• David Rowland

November 16, 2009 at 2:00 pm

harry… ah would that be my FB link 😉

wilson qualifies for mw3

• Warren Beard

November 16, 2009 at 4:41 pm

So I went in to Game today and now I am thinking about trading in the Xbox for a PS3 🙄 :lol1:

built in wireless (although I can use wired at the moment)
    blue ray player
    free on line play (£40/year for Xbox 😮 )

not sure if worthwhile selling on ebay or getting £65 for trade in 😕

I’m a social player and believe Xbox is better for the extremist onliner (more contect etc) but in reality the amount I use it I think it might be better to have a PS3.

Opinions?

• David Rowland

November 16, 2009 at 8:18 pm

have you got any friends on xbox live? thats what makes it as u play together…

I heard of the Playstation, but Xbox is where the players are and PC is where the real gamers are 😉

• Warren Beard

November 16, 2009 at 8:32 pm

Yeah but I’m not a gamer, just somebody who likes to play now and again so don’t need best game console and the PS3 ticks more boxes regarding features and free online gaming as I don’t want to blow £40 for nothing.

I’m sleeping on it tonight, I can’t go online yet as I have not paid.

🙄