Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vehicle Wrapping Wrapping with a 760 printer

• Wrapping with a 760 printer

Posted by Steve Newell on February 27, 2009 at 11:49 am

Has anybody done a full wrap on a van before using a 760 wide printer?
    My questions are
    a,is it possible
    b, How do you do it? I wouldn’t know where to start. I have done partial wraps but not a full one

Phill Fenton replied 15 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Peter Normington

February 27, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Steve,
    it’s certainly possible, I think Phill Fenton did a couple recently using his 760 machine, you would need to think carefully where the joins were going to fall, so as to avoid recess And maybe go for horizontal tiles in places. and be aware of matching up fine detail on the joins could be a problem the more tiles you have.
    If its a large van though, I would consider buying in the print at minimum 1320 but 1600 would be better

Peter

• Steve Newell

February 27, 2009 at 12:23 pm

Thanks Peter
    I am going to try on my own pug 207 van. I just don’t want it to look like a patchwork quilt. If it doesn’t work, I’ll buy in the print.
    Many Thanks
    Steve

• Jon Marshall

February 27, 2009 at 12:41 pm

You’ll be alright on a small van I think. I wouldn’t fancy it on anything bigger to be honest.

• Phill Fenton

February 27, 2009 at 12:58 pm

As Peter says I’ve done a couple using a 760 width. But I’m sure the job would be a lot easier if the vinyl print was wider -however, matching the joints isn’t difficult and not too noticeable when completed. I made the joints horizontal and lapped the top section over the bottom. A pug 207 is pretty small so you shouldn’t have too many joints anyway.