Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Sublimation Printing why wont the ricoh 5050 not power up?

• why wont the ricoh 5050 not power up?

Posted by Jason Davies on October 4, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Just renewed two cartridges, went to print, the printer began to initialize but then powered off, tried turning it back on but the green light flashes for about 5 seconds and the whole thing goes off.

Any ideas anyone??

Fortunately it is less than a year old so I will be contacting the supplier in the morning.

Jase

Jason Davies replied 13 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Martin Pearson

October 4, 2010 at 10:27 pm

Have you tried putting the old carts back in Jason. Don’t know the machine but if the carts are chipped it may be a problem with the new ink carts and not the printer itself

• Jason Davies

October 4, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Thanks Martin, just tried it, worth a go but no luck, same problem. Looks like I’ll be returning it asap.
    Bit annoyed just spent £130 on two new carts.

Jason

• John Gregson

October 5, 2010 at 10:14 am

Hi Jason,
    Had a problem like that yesterday – usb cable had been knocked and was half hanging out – pushed it back in and it fired up OK. Checked this morning and alls fine. It might have nothing to do with the usb cable but worth a try.

Cheers John

• Jason Davies

October 5, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Thanks John, unfortunately it’s not that. However I have spoken to the company who supplied the machine and they have been outstanding. I’ll go into more detail after it has been all sorted out.

Jason