Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters why is my graphtec FC2100-60a LCD reading chinese?

• why is my graphtec FC2100-60a LCD reading chinese?

Posted by Mark Pack on September 30, 2005 at 9:40 pm

Hi everyone.

I have just bought a new LCD for my cutter. The first one I got didn’t work, and the exchange I now have reads either Chinese or Japanese. I don’t know what it read before I bought it because the screen was already cracked.

So, does anyone know about these lcd’s? Is it the display options that need changing? or is there a jump setting to change language?

I have read the manual but doesn’t mention anything about language options.

Please help!!!!!!!!

Cheers Mark

Jayne Marsh replied 18 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Andy Gorman

September 30, 2005 at 9:47 pm

Ring Graphtec. My mate has the same plotter and they still offer advice to him over the phone 10 years after he bought it. They are pretty helpful usually.

Or you could learn Chinese.

• Robert Lambie

September 30, 2005 at 9:56 pm

there are many good machines on the go these days mate. even the “who hang wullie hung” (new ones), ones seem to appear to be decent cutters for the price these days. “or is it inexperience or heavy use the machine lacks that a newbie will never see till warranty expires?”
    (personally, buy a good brand, as they are all coming down in price these days. get good support/etc as any says. and get one with your business. personally…
    those who penny pinch on a hundred quid or so for a second hand machine deserve to be scratching their head because their motor has burned out on their eBay machine 2 weeks after purchase. or missing manual…. 😕

• Brian Hays

September 30, 2005 at 10:51 pm

You need to hold one of the buttons down while turning it on I think.

Sorry my memory is not what it used to be! 😮

But as Andy said ring Graphtec, they should be able to give you the answer in seconds 😎

• Jayne Marsh

October 1, 2005 at 10:30 am

power on holding the F3 button down puts it into english

Jeff

• Mark Pack

October 1, 2005 at 12:22 pm

Excellent Jeff? or Jayne? 😕 Works a treat.

Cheers all.

Mark

• Jayne Marsh

October 1, 2005 at 6:14 pm

It was Jeff, Glad it worked, this is now Jayne :lol1: