Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters why is my graphtec 3000-60 cutting to big?

• why is my graphtec 3000-60 cutting to big?

Posted by del on November 7, 2005 at 4:45 pm

Hi Guys.

Doing a first cut and the cutter seems to be cutting the letters way to big. Im using coral draw and the quick cut plugin that came with it. Is there somthing i need to set up on the cutter (cant find it in the book). The design is the right size in coral and also in the plugin, but when i send it, the letters are way to big 😮

any help would be great 🙄

Del

del replied 18 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • James Smyth

November 7, 2005 at 5:21 pm

i dont use corel but i have one of them graftec plotters. There is no way to alter the size of the text from your plotter so it must be from the production manager to cut. Look for a percentage size as this may be what is causing the letters to be bigger than what they are. Text size may look perfect but if set to 150% then it will cut bigger. I hope this makes sense but i use flexi pro and not corel so hope this helps.

jAMES

• Nathan

November 7, 2005 at 5:38 pm

Are you converting the text to a curve before cutting?

Nathan

• Phil Kneale – Graphtec

November 7, 2005 at 5:42 pm

How much too big?

for example, is a 6″ letter cutting 6.25″, or is a 6″ letter cutting 12″?

Try looking at the resolution setting, I think it should be 1270 from memory

• Phil Kneale – Graphtec

November 7, 2005 at 5:45 pm

Also make sure you have the software set up for the CE3000-60

• del

November 7, 2005 at 9:34 pm

Thanx guys, sorted it. the ‘sending software was not set up right, for another cutter… duhh 🙄

😀