Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters why do i keep getting an error message on FC7000-130?

• why do i keep getting an error message on FC7000-130?

Posted by Jim Croisdale on June 9, 2008 at 8:04 pm

Hi all,

Long time no speak! I bought this plotter from John Childs a few months ago and we have just got everything into our new unit and started setting it all up.

Now, I know the plotter is ok ‘cos John did us a demo, and it will do test runs fine.

We are using Illustrator CS with the plot/cut plug in supplied with the machine. I have downloaded and installed the latest driver from the website too (not that this helped!)

So, when we type some text in, outline it and send it to plot with the cutter ready to go the computer says "sent" and the plotter says "Instruction not recognised – Error 1" The manual is classically useless in that it doesn’t tell you what this means. Great.

Any thoughts?

Jim

Jim Croisdale replied 15 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Chris Wool

June 9, 2008 at 8:14 pm

dont know that error. most common fault with set up is the language, if using graphtecs plug in then it should be set to GHPL not the HPGL or letters very close to that.

chris

• Jim Croisdale

June 10, 2008 at 6:59 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a list of error message explanations? They are one of my pet hates – why can’t the machine just tell you what’s wrong? Aaarrgh!

• Frank Droog

June 10, 2008 at 8:04 pm

I get that message alot
    Like Chris says, its either language or Baud rate if set up serial.

When you start the graphtec, it displays ( momentarilly i think )
    either HL or GL in the LCD.
    If it says HL, you need to switch it to GPGL on the cutters menu.

If your cutting serial or USB to serial, you also need to make sure the baud rate of the windows driver matches the baud rate on the cutter.

frank at cadlink

• Chris Wool

June 10, 2008 at 8:09 pm

error 1 is bad command received just found my manual

chris

• Jim Croisdale

June 11, 2008 at 4:50 pm

Cheers guys – the plotter is working now! Thanks!