Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Roland Cutters why am i having PC600 alignment issues when printing?

• why am i having PC600 alignment issues when printing?

Posted by Richard on November 29, 2004 at 1:39 pm

I’m having problems aligning output with my PC600.

For test purposes I print a file, with an alingment mark in the bottom right corner.
    Lift the print loading lever to clear any previous align points.
    Align the print head using the alignment tool in place of the knife.
    Press the base point button.
    Re-print the same file file from the RIP.

The second print is displaced quite consistantly X-8mm and Y7mm.

I really would have thought that the same file should print in the same place.

Crop marks are set to OFF

Anybody got any ideas?

Chris Wool replied 19 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Chris Wool

November 29, 2004 at 1:57 pm

sorry but never done it with a 600 but you will need 3 points to line up not just one later machines use 4 points several months ago i posted a meathod for the pc 60 that does not req any points cant find it just yet.
    600 owners may be better placed

chris

• Richard

November 30, 2004 at 9:39 am

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I’ve used the crop marks/align point scenario before, what I’m trying to do this time is register PC600 print with screen print (sounds odd, but it’s onto clear, and I need to get the colour strength).

+/-1or2 mm would be good enough, I just expected it to print from where the base point was set, as described in the manual.

Thanks again

• Chris Wool

November 30, 2004 at 10:04 am

when i have tried not all sucsesful i have worked from a box that is in every part of the prosess the graphics are inside the box lineing the box every time or could the sreen bit be done last .
    setting the base point ok but is there any ofsets in the rip or drawing not set 0.0 if using a driver

chris