Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters whih software can i run with a Graphtec FC5100-75 please?

• whih software can i run with a Graphtec FC5100-75 please?

Posted by David Marsh on October 21, 2006 at 10:48 am

Right-o. With the very protracted sale of my Soljet out of the way I’ve invested in a Graphtex cutter.

Any advice running it within Corel or should I use a dedicated cutting software like Flexisign?

jeffus – Graphtec replied 17 years, 6 months ago 7 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Kevin Flowers

October 21, 2006 at 7:34 pm

David
    in my opinion Flexi wins every time.

Kev

• Peter Normington

October 21, 2006 at 7:39 pm

Signlab is what I use, but if you are familiar with corel and a happy with it, no problems. Dedicated sign software, is usually easier to use (flexi or signlab) but its all opinion

Peter

• Brian Hays

October 21, 2006 at 7:43 pm

Agree with Peter if you can use Corel stick with that for now. Flexi is big bucks.

Would be worth maybe looking at a propper cutter driver though. Flexi & Cadlink/Signlab both do fairly inexpensive ones. And it would be much better than using the Graphtec Windows driver.

• David Marsh

October 21, 2006 at 8:13 pm

Thanks fellas.

Can you recommend a cutter driver Brian, not got a clue where to start to be honest.

• Kevin Flowers

October 21, 2006 at 9:59 pm

David
    check out this link should find what you need

http://www.graphteccorp.com/support/sof … otters.htm

Kev

• Ben Hansen

October 23, 2006 at 6:50 pm

hi dave, im thinking about buying a graphtec fc7000-75. Im totally new to purchasing equiptment.and was hoping youd be able to tell me if it comes with any software to start straight away. im currently using illustrator from a mac? would i be able to start cutting straight away or .. what would i need to do so?

if you could help, that would be great 😀

• Brian Hays

October 23, 2006 at 7:38 pm
    quote David Marsh:

Thanks fellas.

Can you recommend a cutter driver Brian, not got a clue where to start to be honest.

Cadlink sell Shorcut for Corel it’s £185 I think, you can use it with Corel’s application launcher. So whatever you design in Corel you can easily get it into the Cadlink cutter driver without needing to export/import. They don’t seem to have any info on their site about it though. If you call them I am sure they could send you a flyer.

For Flexi’s one give Graphtec a call.

There are probably other similar products out there just to confuse you a little more. 😀

• David Marsh

October 24, 2006 at 8:09 pm
    quote Ben:

hi dave, im thinking about buying a graphtec fc7000-75. Im totally new to purchasing equiptment.and was hoping youd be able to tell me if it comes with any software to start straight away. im currently using illustrator from a mac? would i be able to start cutting straight away or .. what would i need to do so?

if you could help, that would be great 😀

Hi Ben, good to see I’m not the only newbie on here :lol1:

I’ve not powered up the cutter yet but did have a Roland one beforehand. Using CorelDraw it’s really easy to start cutting and you will only need your windows/mac driver which will certainly be included or can be downloaded from the Graphtec website. They work as any other sort of printer and recognise the cutting line from within your CorelDraw file (or Illustrator file etc.) In CorelDraw you have to create a spot colour called CutContour and then hairline outline your image in that colour. There’s bucket loads of stuff on here about it – I’ve found this site invaluable.

Good luck!

• David Marsh

October 24, 2006 at 8:10 pm
    quote Brian Hays – Impact:

quote David Marsh:

Thanks fellas.

Cadlink sell Shorcut for Corel it’s £185 I think, you can use it with Corel’s application launcher. So whatever you design in Corel you can easily get it into the Cadlink cutter driver without needing to export/import. They don’t seem to have any info on their site about it though. If you call them I am sure they could send you a flyer.

For Flexi’s one give Graphtec a call.

There are probably other similar products out there just to confuse you a little more. 😀

Cheers Brian – I may give them a call or struggle on being creative and printing in tiles 😉

• jeffus – Graphtec

October 29, 2006 at 9:39 pm

Hi,

The Fc5100-75 and FC7000-75 come with plugins for Mac and PC for Illustrator upto CS2 , and the FC7000 comes with a plug in for Corel Draw upto 12 , there is a new plugin for Corel X3 available.

The CE5000-60,120 range also come with plugins for Corel X3 and Illustrator CS2 its called Cutting Master 2 Mac and PC.

The CE3000 has recently been replaced by the CE5000.

Cheers

Jeff

• Alan Drury

October 30, 2006 at 8:33 am

Jeffus kindly sent me the disk for the Cutting Master for X3 and I am quite impressed. I’ve have put it on an old 1 gig machine and it is a little slow on launch from Corel (I can only assume it is loads quicker on a better spec machine) but it works well – look out for the ‘automatic weld’ feature, script lettering and the like do not need welding on the page (so always editable text) only weld when cut. As I understand it cutterss need to be using gpgl not hpgl – perhaps Jeffus can confirm.
    Alan D

• jeffus – Graphtec

October 30, 2006 at 9:12 am

Hi Alan,

Yes you are correct GPGL is the Command Language to be used on the Plotters, the plug in works well also allows you to create reg marks for contour cutting, if your Graphtec has an ARMs kit fitted.

Regards

Jeff