Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics Which Vinyl for Epson 1290

• Chris Wool

October 16, 2004 at 2:49 pm

hi
    almost all of the large format stuff for hp & epsons grafityp mp20 is water proof the problem with dye inks in desk tops is that they will fade quick if it see to much day light

chris

• Rodney Gold

October 16, 2004 at 2:52 pm

The Daito Co in japan make inkjet vinyl , clear and white , works exceptionally.Prolly find it most 1/2 decent paper/inkjet supply houses. You have to use coated vinyl in the 1290. You can try make your own too , just spray good quality vinyl with artists fixative and print.

• Beej Curtis

October 16, 2004 at 3:07 pm

Thanks fellas, great tip there Rodney 🙂

OK, does anyone know in the UK where I can get this Daito vinyl?

Thanks

Beej

• signworxs

October 16, 2004 at 7:05 pm

Hi beej

Maybe not much help but have you thought of trying Nova Chrome they sell full kits for sub printing and use the 1290.

paul

• Andrew Bennett

October 30, 2004 at 10:57 am

Hi Beej,
    I would be interested in knowing how you got on please?
    regards

• mel

February 4, 2005 at 1:15 pm

Hi
    Xpres supply vinyl for printing on but I think you may need a particular type of cutter. Does anyone know how you can cut out the vinyl once its been printed on?

• Simon Clayton

February 4, 2005 at 1:56 pm

Cut your design in the vinyl first and then print…

Simon

• Bill Dewison

February 4, 2005 at 1:56 pm

Graphtec have jsut released a cutter for exactly this purpose, called a Craft Robo. Strange name, but it looks to be a sturdy bit of kit. There’s a spec sheet of it on the Graphtec website. 😀

Cheers, Dewi

• Andrew Bennett

February 5, 2005 at 4:45 pm

Has anyone got an example to show yet please (?)
    Regards
    Andy