Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters Where to buy a Graphtec CE5000-60?

• Where to buy a Graphtec CE5000-60?

Posted by Chris Gowans on July 22, 2009 at 7:42 am

Went and saw Paul Burton at ‘The Magic Touch’ yesterday who I have to say offered some fantastic advice and gave a great demonstration of a CE5000-60.

He quoted me £1075 + VAT with stand which seems to be about the norm but just wondered if anyone could recommend anywhere else that may offer a bit of a discount 😳

Peter Dee replied 14 years, 9 months ago 6 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • Gary Birch

July 22, 2009 at 7:48 am

Join UKSG mate. Will cost you £75 and that will save you more than that alone on that cutter with the UKSG discount.

Cheers

Gary

• Brian Hays

July 22, 2009 at 8:39 am

A little off for you to go for a demo somewhere & someone to take the time to show you the machine. And then to offer by your own admission some "fantastic" advice. For you then to try & save a couple of quid by buying it elsewhere. (chat.) If you are that keen have you tried haggling with them?

• Glenn Sharp

July 22, 2009 at 8:48 am

so do you buy the first car you test drive Brian or do you do a bit of shopping around?

• Brian Hays

July 22, 2009 at 9:35 am

Not quite the same imo. Anyway it’s only my opinion. Not really that fussed. 😉

And for the record the last 3 cars that I have bought have come from the same dealer. Who have generally looked after me well. I am sure I may have got a little better deal elsewhere on occasions, but for me the price isn’t always the deciding factor. 😀

• Brian Hays

July 22, 2009 at 9:37 am

Not really sure why I would need to test drive the exact same brand new car twice at different dealers either?

• Chris Gowans

July 22, 2009 at 9:39 am
    quote Brian Hays:

Not quite the same imo. Anyway it’s only my opinion. Not really that fussed. 😉

And for the record the last 3 cars that I have bought have come from the same dealer. Who have generally looked after me well. I am sure I may have got a little better deal elsewhere on occasions, but for me the price isn’t always the deciding factor. 😀

Agreed it’s the service that counts. I did call you yesterday Brian to get a price on a finance/lease agreement and left an email address with a colleague but as yet haven’t heard anything?

• Glenn Sharp

July 22, 2009 at 9:48 am

It just seemed a fair question to ask without the need for a dig in my opinion

• Brian Hays

July 22, 2009 at 9:50 am

Will give Paul a kick Chris as he has not passed on the message. It would be the same price from us though. Are you just starting up? if you are you may find getting finance very difficult in the current climate. Would almost certainly be easier (and cheaper) to get a bank loan.

• Brian Hays

July 22, 2009 at 9:54 am
    quote Glenn Sharp:

Not having a dig? just expressing an opinion. And answering your question!, Not intending to offend. Anyway if Chris doesn’t have a problem doesn’t really matter what I think. :lol1:

• Chris Gowans

July 22, 2009 at 10:02 am
    quote Brian Hays:

Will give Paul a kick Chris as he has not passed on the message. It would be the same price from us though. Are you just starting up? if you are you may find getting finance very difficult in the current climate. Would almost certainly be easier (and cheaper) to get a bank loan.

Not too hard Brian! Yes I am just starting up in vinyl but already run a graphic design consultancy and like the majority of our equipment is financed as it’s better on the cash flow.

Thanks for your comments!

• Liam Pattison

July 22, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Hi Chris,
    i recently purchased the graphtec 120 model and after a owning a couple of Chinese pieces of crud i have to say the graphtec is a great machine.

I shopped around and found a place called Granthams to be the best deal at the time.

But, i would agree with Brian to a degree that if i had visited a retailer and found their service to be good i may have purchased from them because there really wasn’t much difference in prices from one place to another. I think it’s quite important with something like this to find a helpfull seller because you may need support after you purchase with setting up etc.

Just my opinion anyway

Liam

• Glenn Sharp

July 23, 2009 at 7:06 am
    quote Brian Hays:

quote Glenn Sharp:

Not having a dig? just expressing an opinion. And answering your question!, Not intending to offend. Anyway if Chris doesn’t have a problem doesn’t really matter what I think. :lol1:

Hi Brian,

I’m not wanting to drag this on but just to clear up…my quote was directed at Chris’s original question which I didn’t think was an unreasonable one to ask….

Haven’t we all gone to see a product at some point and then done a bit of digging to see if we can get it cheaper elsewhere?

I agree with Liam that if Chris had felt comfortable with Magic Touch then he might be best suited to go with them but I would imagine it is only a suppliers view rather than a buyers view that it is "a little off" to shop around after a demo

• Brian Hays

July 23, 2009 at 7:30 am

Not a suppliers view at all. It’s my view that is all. And as Chris has also telephoned us, I think it’s a view most other "suppliers" wouldn’t have. They would mosty all want to get a sale I think.

Anyway as you said if Chris wants to join up he will probably save enough on a cutter to pay for joining. His choice. 😎

• Glenn Sharp

July 23, 2009 at 7:33 am

so it was worth asking the question then?

• Brian Hays

July 23, 2009 at 7:56 am

Opinion is divided. :lol1:

• Glenn Sharp

July 23, 2009 at 7:59 am

😀 😉

• Peter Dee

July 23, 2009 at 8:04 am

Personally I would pay more or not bother shopping around for the last penny discount if I considered the service and after sales to be better.
    Ask anyone with a cheap Chinese cutter from an obscure supplier.

I bought from Harry at Edward Mathias and whilst not having experience of all suppliers, he just can’t be faulted.