Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions CNC Router and Engraving where I can order a mat for the Gerber dimension 200?

• where I can order a mat for the Gerber dimension 200?

Posted by Vivienne Hennessy on November 7, 2007 at 6:51 pm

Hi, i am on the mission of buying an engraver for a hotel job that has just come up i have one sourced but the thing i am afraid of is that it is a homemade machine although im assured it has good quality UK components not taiwans finest. I have the names of the UK manufacturers of the components but not of the man that put the design together.

What would be your take on this ? do you think i am just bringing trouble on myself?What should i lok out for when i go to look at the machine?

Thank
    Viv.

Rodney Gold replied 16 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Graeme Harrold

November 7, 2007 at 7:05 pm

Get in touch with Graham at http://www.ronamachines.co.uk as he refurbishes and sells many different types of 2nd hand machines. I bought my Dahlgren Wiaazrd 2 years ago and it working bril…….had a couple of configuration issues that he solved over the phone. I did not have the cash to pay for a new machine, but wanted something reliable and solid that could handle a variety of tasks.

Im not too sure about these home built machines, however if you can be assured of their reliability, ongoing support, supply of consumables and spares and the accuracy of build then go for it. Its just a risk I did not want to take.

Got any more questions Im happy to help.

• Martin Hartley

November 30, 2007 at 4:58 pm

Hi iv had two machines from Graham at rona machines a dahlgren 400sez and panto-cut pnc4e both machine are worked hard and iv had no problems at all, I would give Graham a ring as his website is not always up to date with new machine.

Best of luck

• Rodney Gold

November 30, 2007 at 7:15 pm

You will be looking for trouble with home brewed machines.
    If you can give me what the scope of the job entails , I can perhaps recommend a class of machine to buy and what to look for in it.