Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters what should i buy a graphtec C5000 or summa D60?

• what should i buy a graphtec C5000 or summa D60?

Posted by Derek Poon on November 30, 2006 at 9:03 am

OK after more trawling around I think it might be better if I just bit the bullet and bought a new 610 size cutter rather than look for used ones.
    My budget is stretched as it is so Ive seen a Summa D60 and a Graphtec CE5000-60 (with free stand) for the same price that I can just about stretch to.
    Any advice as to which would be the better buy?

Derek Poon replied 17 years, 5 months ago 7 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Alan Wharton

November 30, 2006 at 12:03 pm

I can only comment on the graphtec as i havent used/seen a summa working but the graphtec is excellent machine and at £995+vat ish worth every penny. Accurate/fast/reliable and warranty what more can you ask for. 😛

• Derek Poon

November 30, 2006 at 4:34 pm

Thanks for that, i went to see a Graphtec CE5000-60 this lunchtime and got a demo of it, they were extremely helpfull at the suppliers and i left with my pockets £995+vat lighter…

I’ll pick it up tomorrow or Monday… cant wait to start.

• Alan Wharton

November 30, 2006 at 6:29 pm

you wont regret your purchase mines the ce3000 mk2 610, i think the 5000 has superseeding this now but really is a good cutter.

• Richard Urquhart

November 30, 2006 at 8:01 pm

as has been said with both these plotters your getting a fantastic bit of kit i have a d60 but im sure theres nothing in them just great plotters
    rich and good luck

• ccheater

December 1, 2006 at 9:08 pm

Sorry to hijack this but I’m after a plotter after buying a PCrap mini cut (why,oh why??) anyway does any one know where I could see some machines in the flesh?? to look at, I’m based in Essex. Spoke to victory and I’m interested in the D60.

Ta

• Peter Normington

December 1, 2006 at 9:38 pm

Give Brian a call at impact, Im sure he will be able to help (Graphtec plotters anyway)

Peter

• Chris Theakstone

December 1, 2006 at 10:22 pm

I have just ordered a Graphtec CE5000 form revolution to replace my Pcut.I have also ordered Corel 12 (quite good value at £52.00 for a genuine sealed in box with serial no etc) which with the supplied plug in will allow cutting direct from Corel (I hope). i am told it only works with Corel 10 onwards so my corel 9 was useless, as I do all my designs in Corel then export to a cutting program this made sense to me and is considerably cheaper option than Flexi etc.
    I am just hoping i have made the right decision to go with the graphtec and Corel.

Chris Theakstone

• jeffus – Graphtec

December 4, 2006 at 9:56 pm

Hi,

The plugin cutting master2 works fine from Corel12,
    remember to put your plotter into GPGL,
    if you change the step size to 0.025mm on the plotter and the plug in , you can achieve great results, the default of 0.1mm can be steppy out of corel on curves of small text, not so out of Illustrator!!
    the same plugin works for both Corel 10 to X3 and Illustrator to CS2,
    cheers
    Jeff

• Derek Poon

December 4, 2006 at 10:26 pm
    quote jeffus – Graphtec:

Hi,

The plugin cutting master2 works fine from Corel12,
    remember to put your plotter into GPGL,
    if you change the step size to 0.025mm on the plotter and the plug in , you can achieve great results, the default of 0.1mm can be steppy out of corel on curves of small text, not so out of Illustrator!!
    the same plugin works for both Corel 10 to X3 and Illustrator to CS2,
    cheers
    Jeff

Ah, that might be my problem then, I’m having problems cutting from Corel X3, I’ll try this tomorrow.. I’ve had enough for tonight. 😥

• Chris Theakstone

December 5, 2006 at 8:32 pm

Thanks for the info on the step size, i have re-set the step size on the cutter to 0.025 but can not find anywhere in the plug in to set it. Now it cuts everything very scaled down ie tiny (most impressed how small it will cut though)
    Cheers Chris

• Derek Poon

December 5, 2006 at 9:40 pm

that’s sorted my problem 🙂

the 0.025 step stting is in the properties of the printer.. if you click on print then properties then its on the second tab, the first setting if i remember, it will be set to 0.100 as default.