Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Roland Cutters What’s the thickness material you fit into SP300i?

• What’s the thickness material you fit into SP300i?

Posted by Greg McCarthy on July 14, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Hi all,

I’m looking into purchasing a print and cut.

One application would need us to print onto a laserable material say 1.3mm thick.

Could this material be printed onto?

We would like to laser cut after printing??

We are new to the sign side of things so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

Greg McCarthy replied 11 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

July 14, 2012 at 11:27 pm

mimaki some time ago had the option to print directly to a thin media. not sure thickness though. from memory, 2mm, but was aided by roller tables.
    the elements printer is a water based printer and i beleive can print direct to rigid media upto 1.5mm thick and only costs around £7k

both the above are based on machines i looked at a couple of years ago… so keep that in mind.

other than that, your heading towards rigid media flatbed printers, but costs go way up!

* As this is your "Intro Post", please take a moment to look over our Board Rules.
    * Please also consider loading your own Profile Picture to accompany your posts. [spec on profile pictures can also be found in Board Rules ]
    This is not an necessity, but it is fact, posts accompanied by a full proper user-name and photograph get much more help/advice/replies than those without.
    * To edit your profile and load a picture Click Here
    * You may also find the following FREE to download Toolbar very useful for your Sign Making business.UKSB TOOLBAR

• Chris Wool

July 15, 2012 at 8:37 am

welcome
    not all rolands have the ability to adjust the head height even then I think it is 1mm max.
    I can’t think of a material that thick that will accept the ink what had you in mind.
    as robert said a flat material path may be required. head crashes can be very expencive.

• Greg McCarthy

July 19, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Thanks guys. Ive got some demos lined up so will see if the transfer onto various substrates is the way to go.

Greg