Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers what banner material do you use on the 25500

• what banner material do you use on the 25500

Posted by George Zerbino on May 23, 2012 at 10:17 am

As the title says, which banner material do you successfully use on your L25500?

I’m trying to find an alternative to HP’s own frontlit scrim banner, I’ve tried a couple so far but with unacceptable results.

Many thanks
    George

George Zerbino replied 11 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Craig Darlington

May 23, 2012 at 12:00 pm

We have used banner materials from Soyang with very good results.

• George Zerbino

May 23, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Thank you Craig, had a quick look at their website but it is down at the moment.

Any other takers?

Thanks,
    George

• Jason Xuereb

May 24, 2012 at 2:17 am

Side question: What’s wrong with the HP frontlit scrim banner?

• George Zerbino

May 24, 2012 at 11:45 am

Hi Jason,

Nothing wrong with it other than it was discontinued quite a while ago.

The one I’m talking about is the "outdoor frontlit scrim banner", I know there’s the "durable frontlit scrim banner" still available but it does cost twice as much and unfortunately prices itself out of jobs.

There must be a resonably priced alternative, it’s just that I haven’t found it yet 🙂

Regards,
    George

• David Rowland

May 25, 2012 at 8:25 pm

I dont print on banner with the HP, but after research the HP products are not cost effective enough.

• George Zerbino

May 25, 2012 at 10:55 pm

You’re right Dave, it’s very hard to justify the expense when other materials are much more competitively priced.
    Unfortunately until I find an alternative I will have to go the HP route for the banner material to ensure the best results for the time being.

• Chris Hansen

May 25, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Don’t know if you can get it there, or if it’s rebranded, but Ultraflexx seems to work for a lot of peeps. Also the Avery MPI 4130 is a pretty good price here and a good solid material, but not heard of any results with the Latex.

• George Zerbino

May 28, 2012 at 11:15 am

Craig,

I’ve just ordered up a roll of BW2 from Soyang, what profile do you use to print it?

Cheers,
    George