Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters what are peoples veiws on the graphtec FC7000-130?

• what are peoples veiws on the graphtec FC7000-130?

Posted by Oliver Holmes on August 5, 2008 at 12:57 pm

Hello, I’ve been looking around at different printers and cutters and printer/cutters recently in an aim to setting up my sports graphics printing business. From what I’ve been advised it would appear that a separate printer and cutter is the way to go…

Anyway, I’ve been advised that the Graphtec FC7000 would be a good purchase for what I am looking at doing with it. Does anyone have any views that could help me cement my decision? Good points, bad points, you’d buy it, you wouldn’t, all advise is welcomed.

Many thanks,
    Oliver.

Russell Huffer replied 15 years, 8 months ago 7 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Peter Dee

August 5, 2008 at 2:22 pm

Absolutely brilliant machines, equal to Summacut R series.
    Make sure you get a Mk2, not the now superseded FC7000.

• Chris Wool

August 5, 2008 at 3:05 pm

my 2p

if you are to do a fare amount of print and cut then stick to roland
    as for the fc7000 130 i have one as well and superb but if i had to match it up to a printer its hassle when the roland just gets on with it.

chris

• Robert Lambie

August 5, 2008 at 3:12 pm

WE HAVE HAD A ROLAND 48" AND GRAPHTEC 54" FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS. BOTH GREAT MACHINES… HOWEVER, WE LOOKED TO BUY NEW ONES AND IN THE END WE GOT A CONSIDERABLY BETTER DEAL FROM GRAPHTEC. I GUESS OUR UKSG DISCOUNT HELPED ON THAT TOO… ANYWAY…
    EXCELLENT MACHINES, WE BOUGHT 2 LAST MONTH… TOP NOTCH KIT!

GET THE MEDIA BAGS WITH THEM!

• Oliver Holmes

August 7, 2008 at 3:28 pm

Many thanks for your advice. Looks like I’ll be adding on of these machines to the shopping list. I’ll make sure it’s the MK2 and that I get the media bags.

Thanks again, Oliver. 😀

• Brian Hays

August 8, 2008 at 3:09 pm

Pretty sure the media baskets are now free with the 7000 series machines.

• Jason Davies

August 14, 2008 at 7:22 am

An awesome machine, we run both Roland and Graphtec but the Graphtec is my number one choice for vinyl cutting, the Roland cutter is now purely a backup machine.

Jason

• Russell Huffer

August 14, 2008 at 7:53 am

I do print and cut, print on my Roland then cut on my Graphtec, all done using Troop RIP, Graphtec cuts it perfectly every time never missed a beat.
    Only thing I do not like is no sheet cut however mine is CE3000 120 MKII and I think the 7000 series have this facility.

Russell.