Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Roland Cutters What a start to 2009

• What a start to 2009

Posted by Kevin Flowers on January 7, 2009 at 10:19 pm

Well started printing yesterday all was well. Swapped media colors all over the place so did a test print. Black/yellow heads not printing, quick check fuse blown on head board. Order 3 fuses from Roland only had stock level of 4. Blown them in trying to trace fault not either of the heads so appears to be either the Headboard, head carriage board or ribbon cables. Roland only has 1 fuse left and these fuses are not available in this country (i have done an intense search via some of the major component & fuse manufactures/suppliers) however China appears to have enough to bury yourself in. So at present its a case of rigging a remote fuse for diagnose of the fault hopefully it won’t be too costly to repair.
    What a great start to 2009
    Kev

David Rowland replied 15 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • David Rowland

January 7, 2009 at 10:33 pm

ah so i wasn’t the only one with a poorly printer. Mines noww got a sticky wiper after a clean up and I think it’s just caused a problem as i am overnight printing and something doesn’t look right as i loggin from home 🙁

Only thing I can think of is ribbon cable is twisted in connector or ink is on the end, or on print head, but you have confirmed that this head will work in another

• Kevin Flowers

January 7, 2009 at 10:37 pm

Hi Dave
    disconnected heads 1 at a time trying to eliminate until neither head was connected hence why i went through the fuses, blew a fuse with both heads disconnected. Cables look fine but will be disconnecting cables from boards now that i have rigged up a system to take correct rate quick blow fuse. Hears hoping

Kev

• Kevin Flowers

January 9, 2009 at 11:00 am

Just an update, after eliminating all ribbon cables, heads etc the problem was traced to a fault on the main Head board. So £800ish to the people at Roland, back up & running. Cheers for you input Dave, hope you have sorted yours

Kev

• David Rowland

January 9, 2009 at 11:50 am

Cheers, well we still got one remaining problem kev, it came more apparrent on last nights overnight run… the RIP server reported that it processed, printed and a few hours later it reported finished. However what actually happened is the JV3 sat there doing nothing and now learnt that "Wiper" error is on the screen.

Ink has got into the wiper bars and mechanism to the point where I am going to have to try and get that blasted thing out. I can see one screw at the base of it and one screw at the back of it but not sure what else at the moment, need to have a brave moment. Wipe works 70% of the time and the JV3 doesn’t actually wipe very often

I thought ur problem may have been elsewhere Kev when u was blowing fuses, my guess was heads but u done that, so main board but what bit? and £800 seems a very reasonable deal consider Mimaki boards are 3x 4x that

• Kevin Flowers

January 9, 2009 at 12:13 pm

Dave
    my thoughts where Head or cables but it wasn’t. Its not the main board its a sub board/main board for the heads. Rolands have about 5 large boards in them. Luckily i have a full service manual for it, its surprising how much more help you get when you can tell Roland what you need. Best of luck when you do yours, if you wasn’t so far away i would have came & given you a hand.

Kev

• David Rowland

January 9, 2009 at 3:28 pm

ah right… perhaps i need to start looking in side more machines.

the Mimaki JV3 is basically couple of big boards then feeds to a head board, that drives the epson heads.