Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Waterslide decals on PC600 ?

• Waterslide decals on PC600 ?

Posted by Mike Fear on October 8, 2004 at 4:22 pm

Has anyone tried or had any luck printing waterslides on a PC600 or PC60 ? I’ve used Alps and Prinitva thermal printers before for making them ( on laser waterslide paper ) and know the Roland is based on these.

I have tried on a couple of brands of paper, but the ink ( especially the gold ) seemed to not adhere well to the paper and came out very patchy – printing in CMYK wasnt so bad, but still left areas of the print missing.

I was using the normal ( resin ? ) ribbons, should I try with the wax ones instead ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Chris Wool replied 19 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Chris Wool

October 8, 2004 at 5:06 pm

hi
    if you were ok with the alps in the alps printer then use those carts the pc60 knows that it is a wax and carries on

chris

• Mike Fear

October 8, 2004 at 8:39 pm

Sorry to be dense here – do you mean put the Alps ribbons straight into the Roland and print as if they were Roland ones ? do I need to change the barcode stickers on them or just leave them as they are ?

Mike

• Mike Fear

October 8, 2004 at 8:40 pm

Should explain as well – the Alps printer I was using, the head is on the way out, so I want to use the Roland instead, rather than by another Alps one ( as they dont make them any more, so all you can get are second hand which tend not to last very long ).

• Chris Wool

October 9, 2004 at 8:26 am

yep alps and printiva wax carts long time since i used them though part of the code tells the pc60 its wax else it will just cut the ribbon in half

chris