Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Vs540i missing nozzle, advise needed…

• Vs540i missing nozzle, advise needed…

Posted by Mariusz Czarnota on September 15, 2016 at 9:37 am

Hi,
    Im seeking some advise.
    I bought VS540i used, with one nozzle clogged.
    https://s9.postimg.org/jxutgdpzz/20160915_095839.jpg
    I know, its just one nozzle, it will not be visible probably, but I wish to bring it back…
    So far , Ive done couple of medium cleanings, manual cleanings, head soak over night…
    I bought captop, wipers and new set of max2 inks (3rd party inks are now loaded).
    So, as I’m going to switch back to roland inks, can any one advise whats the best way to do it? Marabu DI-SX thats in machine now are "plug and play" compatible with max2, and over 60% each so dont wish to pump out method (may resale them, or give away with 4 new i also have..). My plan is to just replace all inks with max2, run 2-3 powerful cleanings, then change captop and wipers, perform manual cleaning, maybe one more powerful cleaning on end..
    Is this will be OK? I know ideal will be to flush system from old ink before plug new one, but cant afford to spend another 500 quid just for flush cartridges…
    Also, Am I need to flush BOTH lines of magenta or just one, and if one which cartidge line to possibly clear that nozzle? Is there any separation, like cart 7 is supplying ink to 4 lines of magenta that is seen on print test on left, and cart 8 for lines on right..? or need flush both if want try to bring nozzle back?
    Sorry to be such newbie…
    Oh, and here is printhead photo:
    https://postimg.org/image/4tjz8plaz/
    If after all changes, nozzle still not back should I just carry on printing or try another head soak?
    Thanks in advance…

Stafford Cox replied 7 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Mariusz Czarnota

September 21, 2016 at 7:12 pm

Anyone?

• Stafford Cox

September 22, 2016 at 4:38 pm

Hi Mariusz.

You needn’t spend that much on wash cartridges. If somebody is getting your ink business they should really offer a conversion (including a complete head wash) free of charge!! I know that’s what we offer. One missing nozzle is unlikely to affect the print quality, particularly if using a good print quality. If the missing nozzle is at all recoverable, a head wash will probably sort it out. However, if it’s been there a good while then it’s possible it’s there for good and really wouldn’t warrant a replacement head. Those VS DX7 printheads are NOT cheap.

Stafford