Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers VS 540 Contour Cut Problem.

• VS 540 Contour Cut Problem.

Posted by NeilFox on April 14, 2011 at 7:07 pm

I am pulling my hair out. I have tried 4 times to get the machine to recognize the Quadralign marks and it goes wildly off.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I have had this occur since I installed firmware 2.60. I have since installed 2.70 and the problem is still there.

If you have any info on this, please let me know. Eventually it es read the alignment correctly, but by that time I am bald!!! lol

Neil

NeilFox replied 13 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Kevin Flowers

April 14, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Niel
    presuming you are laminating your prints, try rubbing over the marks with a squeegee or your thumb. Some laminates reflect badly & tell the machine that the print is out of alignment. Hence it steps forward or backward trying to realign itself so that it can find the second mark.

Kev

• NeilFox

April 14, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Kev,
    Thanks for that. I am doing another on at the moment, and it picked it up first time.

When it gets is wrong, it seems to really get it wrong. In a 30" width print, it can be 2 inches away from the second mark. And it seems to repeat this misalignment time after time. The all of a sudden, it gets it right, perfectly.

It is real strange.

Neil