Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers VP540i Where to buy?

• VP540i Where to buy?

Posted by Andy Perry on July 19, 2010 at 10:59 pm

Hi, I am taking the plunge and trying to buy a Roland VP540i, got a few prices in and want to see if anyone can suggest any great deals on at the moment.

Mostly banners, posters and signage – currently outsourcing. If anyone has any better ideas on the machine I should buy let me know. Quality is the most important followed by speed.

Any help is much appreciated.

Andy.

JUMA A. MDOE replied 13 years, 6 months ago 11 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • Peter Normington

July 20, 2010 at 6:55 am

H Andy, welcome to the boards.
    Price is not as important (within reason)as the after care you expect to receive,
    so finding out which re-seller is best for you, is maybe the question to ask

Peter

• Andy Perry

July 20, 2010 at 8:22 am

Thanks Peter, I have viewed an ex-demo from Robert Horne and had a few prices in from Radecal and VTS. Although VTS offered the XC540 as they had a 2nd user in stock.

I am still pretty new to sign making and learning more and more as I go, hence joining UKSB. So, any help or advice would be appreciated given the amount of experience on these boards. I have been cutting and applying vinyl for a few years while outsourcing my solvent print. Once I reached between £1-2k per month on outsourcing I decided to bring it in-house.

The last thing I want to do is buy a printer between £10-15k and regret it after the service or help let’s you down. Any recommendations as to who is the best overall re-seller?

Andy

• Andy Perry

July 20, 2010 at 8:41 am

I also forgot to ask, has anyone got a Mutoh ValueJet 1614 and are they any good compared to the VP540i?

Thanks
    Andy

• Warren Beard

July 20, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Speak to Mal at Signmaster, I just bought my 540i off them and they are very very helpful and good prices but over and above the price the service and support is worth any small increase in price.

• Andy Perry

July 20, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Cheers Warren, they are on my list of companies to call as a friend of mine said they were offered a vp540i from them at a good price, ex demo.

Andy

• Unknown Member

July 20, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Agree with Warren on this one…..Signmaster systems is the one…Phil the company director is the guy to speak too..He loves having a deal!

• Adam Ross

July 20, 2010 at 9:18 pm

Sign master for me too, bought my sp540i from them in April, excellent after sales and competitive on price

• Jason Davies

August 12, 2010 at 8:34 am

Signmaster are outstanding, very impressed, speak to mal

• Elena kalispera

August 16, 2010 at 7:27 pm

after care is the most important and trust me I learnt the hard way buying from a big company that has poor after care service even with warranty they try and wriggle their way out of everything. I wont mention any names but if you read any other posts by me you probably know by now who supplied me. I wish I went with the same company these guys are saying as they sound fantastic…
    good luck

• Elena kalispera

August 16, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Just to add I would recommend the versacamm sp540v as a machine more than capable at most things and would be more than you would require and definately better on budget for you. if you get such a machine feel free to contact me for advice maintenance etc

• Matt Boyd

September 7, 2010 at 12:00 am

i’ve had my vp540i for a couple of months now and love it….going from a gerber edge fx(spot colour) to an inkjet i was surprised at how well the vp has done, its a great machine, highly recommend it!

• BenRead

October 16, 2010 at 5:21 pm

just had a vp540 installed on weds call Mal from signmaster he is a top guy, and will give you the full picture.

Aftercare is second to non!

Price was also very competitive.

More than happy!

• Neil Speirs

October 17, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Also recommend Mal from Signmaster, we got a better deal from him than anyone else when purchasing our 540

• JUMA A. MDOE

November 10, 2010 at 9:50 am

Hello Guys,
    Your old posts are really opening my eyes. How I wish I had joined early.
    Please read my new post, Roland service call 0103.
    Juma.