Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Roland Cutters VP540 print head gets worse after cleaning

• VP540 print head gets worse after cleaning

Posted by John Dorling on March 19, 2010 at 9:14 am

Hi All

But of a muddle today, got some printing to do but half of the magenta head isn’t firing on all cylinders. Have done 3 cleaning cycles, normal, medium and powerful but now it seems worse! Any ideas what this could be? Physically the head looks ok and I have recently cleaned the wipers.

Thanks

John

John Dorling replied 14 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Chris Wool

March 19, 2010 at 9:31 am

some things to check

is there actually ink in the cart.
    pump failed or leak on pipe
    capping station not sealed to head when cleaning

• John Dorling

March 19, 2010 at 10:24 am

OK Chris I’ll take a look at the cartridge. I have had a look at the capping station and all seems ok, and one side of the head is fine. What is the best way to check for leaks/blockages in pipes? I have had the VersaCamm apart for cleaning the encoder and changing wipers but have never had to get involved with the actual ink lines before.

Thanks

John

• Chris Wool

March 19, 2010 at 10:44 am

you may have to lift a cover off to see the pump this should be bone dry if you have ink in there then pipe or pump failed.

although its called a pump it actually sucks the ink so a air leak stops it working.

chris

• Jason Davies

March 19, 2010 at 11:30 am

Have you manually cleaned the heads as well?

Jason

• John Dorling

March 23, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Thanks for suggestions on this. In the end I sorted it by doing a medium clean then printing a 1200 x 300mm block of 100% magenta on high quality. Wasted a lot of ink but at least it’s printing well now!

John