Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers VP540 Print & Cut misalignment

• VP540 Print & Cut misalignment

Posted by Deleted User on October 12, 2015 at 2:36 pm

Hi

Hope you guyes can help me with the VP540 print and cut misalignment. I am having a headache since few days as I am struggling to get decent cuts. It comes of by far to be reasonable, I don’t know any more what to do. I have tried to print with crop marks and then cut but also it gets of the print.

This is a print with crop marks see how its off the print, this design had 0.1cm of bleed around the design. I was printing 72 decals 6 rows by 12 size 10 x 4.5 cm decal and can’t get it straight.

This is a simple square I have done do see how far off it gets and it does not look good.

Any help? Tips what to do, I think it is to do with vinyl being not straight or how the vinyl is loaded but can’t work out how to make it any more straight than it is. Around a week ago, I had vinyl loaded and was printing straight dead on perfect like 200 of decals with print and cut, but since I had to change to transparent vinyl and then back to white it all gone bad.

Dan Osterbery replied 8 years, 2 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Emyr Evans

October 12, 2015 at 2:47 pm

I don’t know if the setup is similar to a SC540 but have you done a environment match, might also be worth going through the menu on the machine and do a print & cut alignment.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    October 12, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Hi.

How do I do the environment match? I do have this setting enabled and can’t seem to find anything else in the manual other how to change it to enabled or disabled.

I have done few print and cut alignments but they don’t seem to solve my problem.

• Seun Aderibigbe

October 13, 2015 at 9:25 am

Hi Mariusz,

1. Check the blade holder and make sure it’s not worked it’s way loses.
    2. Check your roller and give them a good clean with IPA as they could have residue causing the rollers not to grip.
    3. Try a print cut with a old vinyl that you’ve use before and you know works as some cheap vinyl have very bad backing paper that the rollers can’t grip on to.
    4. Enter the CUTTING MENU and adjust the print cut adjustment

Hopefully one of the above should help.

Seun.

• Chris Rogers

October 13, 2015 at 10:28 am

I tend to use 3-5mm of bleed to overcome any problems.

I use a VS-640 so can only suggest the following:

Give your rollers a clean.

Try turning off the print heater/dryer before cutting.

Is the feed setting at 0% ( if this has one).

In the menu there should be a print-cut adjust function, do a test print and cut and adjust the feed/scan direction if necessary.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    October 13, 2015 at 12:31 pm

Hi.

Thanks for the tips. Just purchased IPA so will give the rollers a clean.

Feed is at 0%. And done just about 10 print and cut adjustments yesterday.

Will go today through all the tips from you guys and will get back hopely with some good news.

• Jason Davies

March 6, 2016 at 6:39 pm

Not sure if you resolved this but we had a similar problem, alignment was out, checked the print/cut alignmnet etc no joy, limited to very short runs. The issue was the rollers. Both mechanisms had to be replaced. There was a hairline crack in one of them and it was slightly off cut, no other solution except to replace.

• Dan Osterbery

March 7, 2016 at 6:27 pm

All of the above! Also what pressure are you cutting at? We found with the cheaper momomeric vinyls, more pressure meant more slippage and worse cuts? Anything above 90gr of force my machine wanders.