Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers VP540 not reading first print & cut registraion mark

• VP540 not reading first print & cut registraion mark

Posted by Martin Cole on September 12, 2016 at 11:28 am

Any ideas??

Roland VP540 using versaworks

All was working fine and now cant print and cut due to head not locating the first registration mark.

Tried the usual cleaning the mark and placing a piece of matt lam over it, hitting it with a hammer out of frustration etc but cant get it to work 👿

maybe the optical eye needs cleaning but don’t know how to do this?

Stafford Cox replied 7 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Phill Fenton

September 12, 2016 at 11:31 am

Are you getting any other error messages such as "sheet setting error" or left /right position invalid" when you first switch on?

• Martin Cole

September 12, 2016 at 11:43 am

No Messages Phill.

I just set it up as normal, the head briefly hovers over the first mark as if its going to read it but then goes across the sheet and comes back again until I stop it.

• Graeme Dingwall

September 12, 2016 at 11:50 am

Hi Martin,

Have you tried printing and cutting something without removing it from the printer to see if it works that way?

• Martin Cole

September 12, 2016 at 12:17 pm

Tried that Graeme..no joy 🙁

• Graeme Dingwall

September 12, 2016 at 12:33 pm

Only other thing I can suggest it to take a cleaning swab and rub it underneath the cutting carriage where the eye is maybe put some ipa on it.

If that doesn’t work find the biggest hammer you have……….[SEE-NO-EVIL MONKEY]

• Stafford Cox

September 12, 2016 at 12:35 pm

The mark sensor gets absolutely caked in ink on the VP’s. Try removing the sensor and cleaning the stupid bit of tracing paper looking stuff that sits between the bracket and the sensor itself and see if that works. You’ll need to remove the solenoid assembly first though so only do it if you’re relatively handy with a screw driver.

Other than that, I would try the cut cable and guides. All of which I have in stock (I think….)

Stafford

• Martin Cole

September 12, 2016 at 1:15 pm

Thanks guys..sorted!

Took it apart as you said Stafford and found a piece of vinyl had stuck directly over the eye..now removed and all working fine..

sigh of relief and hammer back in tool box :smiles:

• Stafford Cox

September 12, 2016 at 1:24 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

Thanks guys..sorted!

Took it apart as you said Stafford and found a piece of vinyl had stuck directly over the eye..now removed and all working fine..

sigh of relief and hammer back in tool box :smiles:

Nice one. Glad you got it sorted :thumbsup: