Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Printer Ink VP300 Ink reading

• VP300 Ink reading

Posted by Luke Graham on May 7, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Hi guys

I wonder whether you could help me? I have a Roland VP300 which about a month ago I did a pump up on by accident and binned all the ink from 2 of the cartridges. Anyway, long story cut short, the lines were left bone dry all the way to the dampers. Since then the lines have been syringed and all is working fine. The test print is spot on perfect, however, when I check the ink it says the cartridges are empty or running a lot lower than what is actually in them as they are now nearly new – any ideas ?

Luke

Luke Graham replied 11 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Lorraine Clinch

May 8, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Hi Luke, opposite problem to yours, every time I pull out a cartridge from my 300i the info says I have FULL cartridges, even if they are almost emty. I think there must be some sort of reset somewhere, not sure why this is happening.

Lorraine

• John Dorling

May 8, 2012 at 2:48 pm

I thought that the cartridge level is determined by a little tab on the side of the cartridge that is pressed against by the ink bag inside the plastic housing. Someone with more knowledge may be able to shed more light on this though?

John

• Stafford Cox

May 9, 2012 at 12:24 pm

I agree with John. There is a little tab inside the bag which is read by a switch inside the cartridge assembly. Best thing to do is pull each cartridge out and shine a torch in there to see if they all match. Quite often, the tab gets caught by the cartridge and bends backwards or snaps off.

I have a PDF file somewhere that pictures how to check them on a Mimaki, I’d imagine it’s the same part for the Roland too. If you can’t figure out what you’re looking for, let me know and I’ll try and find it.

Stafford

• Luke Graham

May 9, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Thanks guys for all your help and suggestions i am going to have a look tonight
    so will update you later

Luke

• Luke Graham

May 10, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Hi again guys had another look this evening and still have the same issue for now it seems 2 of the cartridges are giving me the correct reading and the other 2 are defo wrong as have some ink in both yet it says there is nothing in them however the machine has not beeped at me yet so i am not going to worry about it and hope when i put the new ones in it corrects itself other than this little niggly fault the machine is spot on cheers for all you advise

Luke

• Stafford Cox

May 10, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Nice one Luke. Hopefully it’s just the bag has collapsed inside the cartridges but keep an eye on them before running it unattended as it might happen again.

Let us know if you get stuck

Stafford

• Luke Graham

May 10, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Will do mate thanks for your help 😀