Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers vj-1604 servicing

• vj-1604 servicing

Posted by anton hughes on March 12, 2012 at 9:44 am

my vj-1604 is in real need of a service. and was wondering if any1 knew of sum one that does it other than spandex.

Stafford Cox replied 12 years ago 4 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Stafford Cox

March 15, 2012 at 4:53 pm

There’s a few people who service those printers. You say it needs a service, but what’s actually wrong with it?

Also, where abouts in the universe are you?

Stafford

• Simon Duggan

April 7, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Hi Stafford Im in South Wales if you could recommend an engineer near me please I could do with my 1204 looking at / servicing

Simon

• Stafford Cox

April 18, 2012 at 10:11 am

I’m not aware of anybody near you but a lot of the freelance guys will travel for a fixed rate. For example, a day rate is usually £350 + VAT but that would include all travel and labour too so would work out cheaper than paying them separately when traveling the width of the country.

Stafford

• anton hughes

April 27, 2012 at 11:20 am

Hi i am from glasgow and my black isnt firing properly i think it is an ink flow problem as i have fushed the system and still no luck and is starting to affect buisness.

• Stafford Cox

April 27, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Have you taken the covers off to see how far along the line the the ink has got?

• anton hughes

April 30, 2012 at 2:00 pm

yes i have taken covers off and it seams to fill 1 sub tank straight away and it takes alot longer to fill the second tank so i don’t know if this is the problem.

• Stafford Cox

May 4, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Could be a weak pump or clogged damper perhaps. I’m not that familiar with the 1604 so maybe somebody else can help more….

• Simon Duggan

May 8, 2012 at 11:37 am

Hi Stafford

Could you give me a number for an engineer that may travel down here please

Simon

• Stafford Cox

May 8, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I’m not aware of anyone based in your area but I am hoping to visit one of my customers in Bristol either this or next week. I’m not sure I’m allowed to post my details on here though, maybe someone could pass my details on to you?

Stafford

• Julian Mildner

May 8, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Stafford, stopping making excuses! The truth is that you can’t remember your own phone number!! 😉

its 07826 585953

• Stafford Cox

May 9, 2012 at 12:26 pm
    quote Julian Mildner:

Stafford, stopping making excuses! The truth is that you can’t remember your own phone number!! 😉

its 07826 585953

Well it’s been a difficult week!! 😳 😀 😀