Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers versacamm sp300 print drifting

• versacamm sp300 print drifting

Posted by Lloyd Morgan on October 28, 2016 at 11:25 am

i hope someone can help, my printer has starting drifting it’s print since i did a manual clean, i swabbed around the heads with a cleaning solution, and then the wipers and since then after a while the print will drift out of since, i have checked the clear encoder ribbon for dust or ink splashed and it looks clean. any ideas please?
    a simple print test with the button shows every thing is fine, the problem only happens after a few minutes of printing, it like the carriage is starting from a new place each time.

thanks for your time i really appreciate it

Attachments:

Lloyd Morgan replied 7 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Phill Fenton

October 28, 2016 at 11:38 am

Check your grit rollers aren’t contaminated with ink. This can cause the vinyl to slip which means the print drifts out

• Richard Urquhart

October 28, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Also check the rollers, I’ve had the rubber slip on the wheel and needed new roller wheels

• Simon Worrall

October 28, 2016 at 6:01 pm

Clean the encoder strip.

• Graeme Dingwall

October 28, 2016 at 7:28 pm

Have you calibrated the encoder strip in the engineers menu

• David Hammond

October 28, 2016 at 9:36 pm

Looks like the encoder strip to me, had the same symptoms with our RS.

It can be removed and cleaned with cleaning fluid.

• Lloyd Morgan

November 1, 2016 at 2:23 pm

thanks for ther replies, it turned out to be the encoder strip, cleaning it didn’t do anything so i turned it upside down and bingo, noticed the flat ribbon cable going to the sensor was slapping about due to ink dust build up so gave that a clean too.