Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Versacamm SP300 not printing black or cyan

• Versacamm SP300 not printing black or cyan

Posted by Graeme Dingwall on April 30, 2013 at 7:16 am

Morning Guys,

Looking for some advice i have a SP300 and i can only get it to print yellow & Magenta.

But i know it’s not the heads or the fuses on the main board, i’ve swap the ribbon cables over and the black and cyan print but the yellow and magenta don’t so my question is where do i go from here what’s next to check?

Thanks

Graeme

Graeme Dingwall replied 11 years ago 3 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Jamie Dale

April 30, 2013 at 12:03 pm
    quote Graeme Dingwall:

Morning Guys,

Looking for some advice i have a SP300 and i can only get it to print yellow & Magenta.

But i know it’s not the heads or the fuses on the main board, i’ve swap the ribbon cables over and the black and cyan print but the yellow and magenta don’t so my question is where do i go from here what’s next to check?

Thanks

Graeme

Hey Graeme,

Are you positive the fuses are not blown if you are 100% sure on this you can swap the printhead cables which go from the working printheads onto the ones that ain’t working, to try out, if they print correctly, it will be between the main flex cables from the headboard to the cables on the printheads themselves, as I wouldn’t expect the 2 printheads to stop working at the exact same time. It could also be a carriageboard it’s self though, but they are only approx 100quid from digiprint-supplies. Let me know.

• Graeme Dingwall

April 30, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Cheers for the reply Jamie,

The black and cyan works if i plug the yellow and magneta cables into that head but the yellow and magenta dont so i’m assuming it’s not getting the signal from the main board. Can i swap over the main cables from the mainboard too see if that turns the problem round?

I sure it’s not the fuse as if i put the meter across it i get a signal.

• Jamie Dale

April 30, 2013 at 12:24 pm
    quote Graeme Dingwall:

Cheers for the reply Jamie,

The black and cyan works if i plug the yellow and magneta cables into that head but the yellow and magenta dont so i’m assuming it’s not getting the signal from the main board. Can i swap over the main cables from the mainboard too see if that turns the problem round?

I sure it’s not the fuse as if i put the meter across it i get a signal.

What way are you testing the fuses? All Plugged in running? or unplugged? I’m just checking

• Graeme Dingwall

April 30, 2013 at 12:54 pm

I’m just checking them with a multimeter but with the power off with the meter set to audio when contacted acroos the fuse.

Sorry i’m new to this 🙂

• Jamie Dale

April 30, 2013 at 1:04 pm
    quote Graeme Dingwall:

I’m just checking them with a multimeter but with the power off with the meter set to audio when contacted acroos the fuse.

Sorry i’m new to this 🙂

Yeah thats fine, I was only checking, obviously never test with the power on as you would bypass the fuses otherwise.

What to do now, is test the Non Working heads with the cables from the working heads, and vice versa, If all is working, I would assume a bad carriage board.

Where in Scotland are you?

• Graeme Dingwall

April 30, 2013 at 1:31 pm

I’m In Aberdeen Jamie,

I’ll have another mess about tonight see if i can figure it out

• Jamie Dale

April 30, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Just watch you don’t mess up the head board it’s self, as it’s approx a grand for a new one.

• Mo Gillis-Coates

April 30, 2013 at 3:41 pm

sure its electrical and not just a blockage?

• Jamie Dale

April 30, 2013 at 4:00 pm

can be a blockage as he has changed round the flex cables, and they print fine, so it must be something electrical somewhere.

• Mo Gillis-Coates

April 30, 2013 at 4:24 pm

sorry didn’t read the post properly… ok just checking

• Graeme Dingwall

April 30, 2013 at 7:03 pm

OK so the ribbon cables are ok as the non working ones work on the other head and vice versa i also swapped the ribbon cables from the main board to the carriage board and they both seem to be working.

So does that mean it’s either the carriage board or the main board 😮 is there any way of checking the boards?

Graeme

• Graeme Dingwall

May 4, 2013 at 11:27 am

Well i’ve just changed the carriage board and got the same result printing yellow and magenta although there seems to be a little trace of magenta in the yellow!!

Swap the cables and black and cyan print, again there seems to be a trace of black in the cyan.

Looks like i need to spend some cash on a main board 🙁

Anyone got an old SP300 lying around that i could purchase the main board out of 😀

Graeme