Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics Versacamm 300, good/wide enough for wraps and most printing?

• Versacamm 300, good/wide enough for wraps and most printing?

Posted by Ian Muir on December 4, 2008 at 6:32 pm

Hi

It’s been a good month and now looking at buying a versacamm.

My question is simply whether a 30" versacamm is wide enough for general sign shop work including moving into wraps or whether a wider printer is necesary?

Ian :lol1:

Stephen Morriss replied 15 years, 5 months ago 7 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Jon Marshall

December 4, 2008 at 6:43 pm

I really wouldn’t want to do wraps with a 30" machine. Especially on big vans. I’d look for something wider, 54" or 64"

• Peter Normington

December 4, 2008 at 8:12 pm

54" is the minimum for wraps, otherwis you will need to have a join in most car bonnets, , and even on some van side doors.dont forget you will need a laminator as well

Peter

• Richard Urquhart

December 4, 2008 at 8:32 pm

Had my 30 inch for 12 months , how did I get on without it, dont really do wraps but do semi wraps, 5 times this year I have had to get the larger stuff printed so for me and my small sign shop its been the best way to go, would I have gone for the bigger one ? not for the stuff I have had as I would not have got he use, may be when I move I will get the bigger one.

• Jason Xuereb

December 5, 2008 at 4:57 am

From what I have seen supplies in 1370 are cheaper then rolls in smaller widths per square metre.

Also you get to be able to do banners that are 4×1 metres etc without seams.

I’d go the bigger machine.

• Martin Oxenham

December 5, 2008 at 9:57 am

We were in the same position 4 years ago and being able to do banners was why we went for the 54" machine. If you lease it then the cost per month is not a great deal more. So many times after getting it I was doing a job and thought I am so glad we got the bigger machine as we would’nt be doing this job on the smaller one. You can still use small rolls to save material but you’ve got the added bonus of the bigger ones if you need it.

• M Brown

December 5, 2008 at 12:07 pm

I’m so glad I waited till I could get a big 54" machine. 30" just seams that little bit to small for me. It would be a great little machine if they made it able to print 800mm, all those banner stands that I can easily print now, I would of had to get others to print. Just for a couple of inches. I’d get the bigger size if I was you.

Mark

• Stephen Morriss

December 5, 2008 at 1:06 pm

I have the 30" Uniform Cadet which is a re-branded Versacamm.
    I’m happy with it but I also have a 54" HP that can do the larger stuff, I would prefer to have the bigger Cadet as it prints better than the HP and on more/cheaper materials.

So given the option again I’d go for the larger machine.

Steve