Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics Valuejet VJ1204 laying ink over test print

• Valuejet VJ1204 laying ink over test print

Posted by Rich Goddard on November 22, 2015 at 3:11 pm

Hi all,

Looking for some advice from the community on an issue I have. Attached a picture of the test print after 2 cleans. Test print has a magenta-orientated colour stain across the length that the printhead has travelled.

To get to this situation I went through the following process:

– Power down machine and remove all power from machine
    – Removal of printhead to soak in cleaning solution for a couple of hours (always do this if we’ve hit the end of the media and not noticed.
    – Return printhead to the printer and refitted the existing head cables for some reason :banghead:
    – Plugged power back in and powered printed back up
    – Print head heat error.
    – Replaced head cables and powered back up again
    – Test print laid no ink, so replaced the F2 fuse on mainboard
    – Powered printed back up, with no errors.
    – Strong clean cycle
    – 1st test print
    – Strong clean cycle
    – 2nd test print

We have 2 printers so we are still able to print, but thought I would ask the community here incase people have come across the same issue before?

Any help very much appreciated.

Rich

Attachments:

Rich Goddard replied 8 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Sean.Cully

November 23, 2015 at 8:56 am

Basically the head has blown.
    Our 1604 did exactly what yours is doing.
    Replaced head and away you go.

SC

• Stafford Cox

November 23, 2015 at 1:32 pm

There is a slim possibility that the carriage or main board are damaged, or that the head cable is at fault, but as Sean says, it’s most likely the printhead will need replacing due to an electrical failure.

Stafford

• Rich Goddard

November 23, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Hi guys,

Thank you for your replies, I did think it would be the case also and a new printhead is on it’s way (figured it’s time to have a spare in too as we have a 1204 and a 1304 so use the same heads).

Fresh cables are on – I usually replace everytime a head is removed as they are delicate at the best of times. And spare F2 fuses!!

There are 2 other fuses on the mainboard for the printheads I believe, so thought I’d mention the issue incase anyone has had this issue before. We have a spare mainboard but want to try other avenues first.

Serves me right for being a twonk at the time and not checking for the end of the roll, just annoying when it was a fresh printhead about 5 weeks ago :banghead:

Regards,

Rich