Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers Valuejet 1614 (Océ CS9160) VS Roland RS 640

• Valuejet 1614 (Océ CS9160) VS Roland RS 640

Posted by Noureddine Halim on January 15, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Hello there;
    Need your help asap please.
    If you had to choose between Roland RS 640 or Océ CS9160 (Valuejet 1614).
    What is the diference between a single printhead of Océ and 4 printheads for the RS 640?
    What about Speed, Print Quality, lifetime and price of printheads?
    I would like to know if you have one of these units what are the pros and cons, what do you love and what do you wish you could change? Any help would be great.
    Thanks.

Gabriel Cristian replied 12 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Cameron Steer

January 16, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Hi Halim,

As a supplier who calls on many customers i can only say thats its for good reason that Roland and Mimaki dominate the market, media profiles,independent engineers,resale 2nd hand value just a few reasons in my opinion.
    We dont sell either valuejet or Roland so no biase from me, of the two i would go for the Roland and get the print and cut software to link it with your plotter for labels / stickers etc.

good luck.

• Andre Woodcock

January 17, 2011 at 4:37 am

Hi Halim,
    I think they are both equally good machines. If you thinking of the Océ cs9160 you may be limited to Oce’s original inks as their smart chips are not the same as the Mutoh’s VJ 1614. We have a CS1614 and we had to convert it back VJ1614 which was not so easy. But I would recommend it, Its good machine.

Cheers

Andre

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    May 18, 2011 at 9:25 am
    quote Andre Woodcock:

Hi Halim,
    I think they are both equally good machines. If you thinking of the Océ cs9160 you may be limited to Oce’s original inks as their smart chips are not the same as the Mutoh’s VJ 1614. We have a CS1614 and we had to convert it back VJ1614 which was not so easy. But I would recommend it, Its good machine.

Cheers

Andre

Hi,

I have Xerox 8264E Wide Format Printer which is exactly the same as Mutoh ValueJet 1614.
    The only difference between these printers is the firmware that’s in the mainboard (current version is 2.02).
    I’m sure the difference is only in some EPROM (or similar), since Xerox is only branding this printer, not manufacturing it.
    Lately I have problems supplying ink for my printer since Xerox is not so present on the market here.
    I need to change the firmware of the mainboard from Xerox to Mutoh so I could use Mutoh cartridges, they are much more available and of course much more cheaper.
    Been struggling for a while to install some bulk ink system because Xerox representative is irresponsible regarding my needs which is the main reason I want to do this change.

Please, if you have any solution to my problem I would be much grateful.

Kind Regards,

Zoran

• Gabriel Cristian

May 25, 2011 at 10:57 am

Hello there,

You have the possibility to install a bulk system on your printer. There is a supplier in Italy for smart chips for Xerox 8264E(Mutoh ValueJet). It’s working 100%. I have some friends here who were in the same situation you are now. They are now using Nazdar-Lyson products for ink and they buy their spare parts from Digiprint Supplies in Belgium. This way, the production cost is quite small, which makes them very competitive in the market.
    After some research, they found this supplier of smart chips. There are also suppliers for smart chips in China, but…
    If you haven’t solved your problems or changed your mind, I can find out the name of that supplier or some contact details.
    Regards.
    Gabriel.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    May 25, 2011 at 12:29 pm
    quote Gabriel Cristian:

Hello there,

You have the possibility to install a bulk system on your printer. There is a supplier in Italy for smart chips for Xerox 8264E(Mutoh ValueJet). It’s working 100%. I have some friends here who were in the same situation you are now. They are now using Nazdar-Lyson products for ink and they buy their spare parts from Digiprint Supplies in Belgium. This way, the production cost is quite small, which makes them very competitive in the market.
    After some research, they found this supplier of smart chips. There are also suppliers for smart chips in China, but…
    If you haven’t solved your problems or changed your mind, I can find out the name of that supplier or some contact details.
    Regards.
    Gabriel.

Hello Gabriel,

I still have the problem here… is it possible to have the contact details?
    If it’s working 100% than I would like to install it here also.

Thank you for your time friend,

Kind regards,
    Zoran

• Gabriel Cristian

May 25, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Hello Zoran,

I will give you the contact details as soon as my boss comes back from FESPA. I guess he’s going to be back in the office on Monday. Keep in touch!
    You’re welcome buddy!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    May 31, 2011 at 9:10 am

Hi Gabriel,

Did you get the contact details m8?

• Gabriel Cristian

May 31, 2011 at 9:17 am

Hello buddy,

Here’s the thing. My boss told me that you should install on your printer the internal software(firmware) for Mutoh ValueJet 1614. After that he will contact you personally to give you the information you need. :).

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    May 31, 2011 at 9:31 am

That’s the problem friend, I need to know how to do that… 🙁

• omni_print

June 17, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Zoran, the solution is very easy. U just have to change firmvare from Xerox to Mutoh. I think that Westprint company can make it for you. Regards (hot)

• Gabriel Cristian

June 30, 2011 at 8:40 am

Hello,
    The is a supplier for Xerox cards in the U.S. Please PM for their e-mail address.