Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters User Manual for Graphtec Pro jx1060

• User Manual for Graphtec Pro jx1060

Posted by darran Mead on December 11, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Hi All.
    Hopping someone can help me out.
    I have just acquired an old but in very good condition and working perfectly Graphtec Pro JX1060. It,s cut and tracking even at 10m is spot on.
    So looks like i have been given a good working cutter,

But i cannot find the user manual on line any were, i have contacted Graphtec to see if they can help but emailing them twice and still not received a reply from them.
    #So if any one can help i would be very grate full if you have a grate full of the user manual ans/or the grateful manual, or if you now of a link were i could download the said doc’s.

Thank you

Darran

Paul Hughes replied 13 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Chris Wool

December 11, 2010 at 1:04 pm

i don’t think its available as a pdf it was paper only

as a printer it is not worth the hassle as a cutter its as good as they get really

• darran Mead

December 11, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Hi Chris.
    Thank you for the reply. I know about the print side it was never any good but read about how good a cutter it was, so as it was free i am going to give it a new home i the back office. but it would be nice to have the manual to be able to get the best out of it and to get it setup, at the moment when you come to load the media and you press F1 (Roll 1) the head comes accross as it gets to the left roller the head stops but the media is pulled all the way through and falls out the back and you have to lift the pinch rollers or turn it of to stop it. If i do the same and press F2 (Roll 2) all goes well and the media loads ok the same with the sheet load.

Would just be nice to have the Manual to get the best out of the cutter.

I am just hoping someone can help me out, I am willing to pay for a copy to be posted out to me if anyone as one.

• Chris Wool

December 11, 2010 at 1:38 pm

F1 = find front edge
    F2 = find width only start from where the vinyl is
    F3 sheet find ft rr and width.

vinyl go in from the rear sounds like you put it in the front.

• Jason Davies

December 11, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Sounds right Chris, I was just going to say the same thing. You should be able to adjust the vinyl feed

Jason

• darran Mead

December 11, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Thank you for that, It explains what was happening. apart from the F1 (roll 1)
    when using the F1 to load the media from the rear with the roll on the drive feed and not on the rollers, the media was about 10cm through the front, all 3 pinch rollers on the media one at each side and one in the center.
    press F1 the head comes from the right side, stops at the first roller, moves to the center roller, and then on to the left roller, the head stays there and the media rolls to the back, but dose not stop and falls out the rear of the machine, the main roolers on the bead keep going. The only way to stop this is to lift the pinch rollers. and you the get a media load error. or to turn off the machine.

Any way thank you both for the reply. it will help.

but if you do happen across a copy of the manual please do let me know as it will help. I will also keep looking and if i find one i will post a link for any one who needs it ( as long as the copyright permits).

Darran

Fab forum by the way. Admin keep up the good work.

• Martin Pearson

December 11, 2010 at 10:59 pm

Could be a problem with one of the sensors, try cleaning the front and back media sensors, I normally use something like IPA and a cotton bud. Might make a difference, worth a try.
    Don’t know the machine model so can’t be of much help sorry.

• Chris Wool

December 12, 2010 at 9:34 am

think martin has a good answer if the front sensor is dirty it will do as you explained.
    the sensor is a hole in the bed about 150mm in from the right.
    there is a matching one behind the bed to see the rear of the material.

what software will you be using to drive it

• darran Mead

December 13, 2010 at 5:36 pm

Thanks to you both. found the sensor and gave it a clean. it did the trick all working fine now. Both roll 1, roll 2 and best of all sheet.

i can not find the difference between roll 1 and roll 2. apart from that it could be to do with the two methods of roll feed.
    You can place the roll on the long rollers so the media is just puled through and then hangs down the back when it is puled back. the other is moterised so the media is rolled back on the roll when it go back. i will have to give the two a try and see what the outcome is.

With regards to software, i use Flxi Sign Pro (not long upgraded to latest version) not cheep though. I also use the plug-in to be able to print from Adobe plug-in and freehand.

Just trying to get it to see the registration marks after printing on my solvent printer. this will help as we have a on gong job for labels and the customer needs them printed and cut in 8 size’s. we have been using a guillotine to cut them and it is time consuming.

I am trying to find out if the registration marks are a black spot with a white + or crop marks. i know it is not the solid sizes.

Once again thanks for the pointers.

• Chris Wool

December 13, 2010 at 5:57 pm
    quote :

Just trying to get it to see the registration marks after printing on my solvent printer. this will help as we have a on gong job for labels and the customer needs them printed and cut in 8 size’s. we have been using a guillotine to cut them and it is time consuming.

I am trying to find out if the registration marks are a black spot with a white + or crop marks. i know it is not the solid sizes

it can not see any marks.
    it does have triangulation alignment but has to be done manually. from the arrow keys.

the marks you need are L shaped at the corners denoting the plotter 0-0 for cutting start and extremes of the file.
    it was crap so forgot the rest of how to do it. could be made to work.

remember F1 finds cut width and front edge.

F2 finds width only and will cut from that position.

some one to pay a bill bye

• Paul Hughes

December 14, 2010 at 10:19 am

I have a copy of the manual, so if you need to know anything i can have a look in it.

Paul