Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers Used Mutoh Valuejet 1205 – Worth it?

• Used Mutoh Valuejet 1205 – Worth it?

Posted by Marc Andrew on October 4, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Hi, I have seen advertised by a dealer a Mutoh Valuejet 1204 48" eco solvent printer for sale at £5880. As of yet i dont know the full details of the machine e.g – age, volume of use etc…
    Does this seem a fair price to pay for this machine? Is this a relatively modern machine or has it been superseded?
    I look forward to your replies.

Stafford Cox replied 10 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Stafford Cox

October 4, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Hi Marc.

The VJ1204 is a very capable machine and the only thing I feel lets it down is the silly name!!

They use a DX5 printhead like the Mimaki JV33/CJV30 but Mutoh has its own maintenance assembly which consists of the pump, cap and wiper mechanism, and is actually quite good. Mutoh recommend that it is replaced every year, however most people just replace them when they fall apart 🙄

I think that’s a fair price, not deal of the century but certainly not bad, it all depends on the condition really. If it were me, I would make sure they throw in a new maintenance assembly as a good will gesture. they’re about £400 plus fitting from memory.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions.

Stafford