Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vehicle Wrapping Truck wrap: AIM volvo 220

• Russ

February 25, 2006 at 7:00 pm

Great work and looks first class, the back doors and tailgate are really cool and must have take some skill, an artist at work i’m sure.

Russ

• Peter Normington

February 25, 2006 at 7:48 pm

Phill,
    you obviously aim to please you customers.
    I think you have done that here.

Nice job,

Peter

• Shane Drew

February 26, 2006 at 10:04 am

Well done Phill. Good job all round. design thru to application. as Russ says, a talented group at work there

• Simon Kay

February 26, 2006 at 10:14 am

I always find it hard when I have created a background to allow the top layer to be dominant if you know what I mean.

I think you have managed it here although I think I would have made the phone numbers a little bigger, even though they are readable now.

Does that make sense ?

Sometimes I design something that looks great, on screen, but when I come to do it ( or have it done) in real life it doesn’t quite have that same impact. I’m wondering if that’s how you are feeling now, asking for feedback.

I llike the choice of colours. I like the design, but I feel there may be something missing , if , you were looking for the ideal job.

Apart from that you have done a wonderfull job, one that I could only dream about doing. Well done.

๐Ÿ˜€ Simon.

• Jill Marie Welsh

February 26, 2006 at 12:21 pm

While I like the colors and the background design, the text seems fragmented somehow.
    I think that the AIM in the green panel would have looked far better if it were white instead of black.
    The italic lettering on the name is nowhere near as strong as the sans-serif on the towns, AIM, and phone numbers.
    Just my 2ยข, I do like the background very well.
    But you have to ask yourself which is more important, the text or the background?
    I think this question should be addressed fully in this new age of wraps and printing.
    Love….jill

• Phil Halling

February 26, 2006 at 7:56 pm

Whilst I here what what you say Simon, about the phone numbers, I disagree because as you say you can read them now – but any bigger and they would dominate the whole rear, maybe just maybe they could have been white, I dont really know.
    Jill, I quite agree with most of what you say but as always we have to work within the clients brief, and if you look at the next two photos of his existing vehicles, you will see why we did it as we did – mainly to keep somewhere in the same ballpark as his other trucks which will not be changed over for a few months yet. I feel we have acheived a newer fresher and more interesting image for his company but have kept enough of the old elements that joe public will recognise that it is the same company.

Phil

Attachments:

• valegraphics

February 26, 2006 at 8:57 pm

I like the way you used the compass phill. After seeing the chelsea bus and the way you wrapped that golf gti in nottingham, on a freezing january day, i would’nt dare to run you down mate.(i was that really annoying taffy who would’nt stop asking questions) Good to see you posting your work again mate. All the best. Here we go again!!! How much?

Matt

• Hugh Potter

February 26, 2006 at 9:25 pm

i like it, great job and well done too.

• Simon Kay

February 26, 2006 at 10:33 pm

Phil,

Don’t get me wrong. I think you’ve done a great job. I was trying to be objective and ask myself ‘what if’ in my new improved active roll in UKSB.

It’s a far bigger and better job than anything I could take on. You are in fact a ‘master’ and I am ‘not worthy’.

However I thought I’d chuck my two bob’s worth in. ๐Ÿ˜€

I can’t wait for the hooha that will erupt whenever I get around to actually posting some of my work. ๐Ÿ˜€

Good on ya.

Cheers

Simon.