Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Off Topic Chat Trophex 2006….. anyone going?

• David Rowland

January 6, 2006 at 8:12 pm

ah.. no but to get people more excited

http://www.necgroup.co.uk/visitor/whatson/DisplayWhatsOn.asp?i=3943&sd=15.1.2006&ed=16.1.2007&p=1
    Autosport Show on the same date!

• John Wilson

January 6, 2006 at 8:15 pm
    quote Dave Rowland:

ah.. no but to get people more excited

http://www.necgroup.co.uk/visitor/whatson/DisplayWhatsOn.asp?i=3943&sd=15.1.2006&ed=16.1.2007&p=1
    Autosport Show on the same date!

Great 😀

I’ll need to take at least one of my kids down with me…. now I know they won’t be bored with the whole event 😀 me either 😉

• Kevin Flowers

January 6, 2006 at 8:39 pm

May be taking a trip there if i get time

Kev

• Peter Normington

January 6, 2006 at 9:05 pm

autosport sound like a great meet, anyone else up for it?

peter

• Ramj

January 6, 2006 at 9:40 pm

Brilliant, I just sorted out a present for my mate thanks to this thread, (the motorsport one that is)

• Marekdlux

January 6, 2006 at 9:48 pm
    quote Ramj:

Brilliant, I just sorted out a present for my mate thanks to this thread, (the motorsport one that is)

100 posts! Nice one.
    Welcome back.
    -Marek

• Nigel Pugh

January 9, 2006 at 3:33 am

John come and say hello mate, I’ll be there on our stand.

• John Wilson

January 9, 2006 at 9:00 am
    quote Nigel Pugh – Grafityp:

John come and say hello mate, I’ll be there on our stand.

I will do Nigel, I’ve just sent you a email there aswell

• John Wilson

January 14, 2006 at 5:30 pm

So anyone else going down?

I’ve managed to get both my kids watched so I’ll be heading down myself…… ah bliss 😀

Not sure how I’m getting there yet…. no trains or planes will get me there at a desent time tomorrow so I guess I’ll need to drive 🙁

• Kevin Flowers

January 14, 2006 at 6:01 pm

John
    shooting up their tomorrow with my wife to have a look around, should be there around 10.00- 10.30 ish. If you fancy meeting for a pint give me a shout tomorrow on 07970 270786.

Kev

• John Wilson

January 14, 2006 at 9:00 pm
    quote Kevin Flowers:

John
    shooting up their tomorrow with my wife to have a look around, should be there around 10.00- 10.30 ish. If you fancy meeting for a pint give me a shout tomorrow on 07970 270786.

Kev

Yeah ok Kev

I’m hoping to leave here as early as I can so I can get there for a decent time…. going on the Monday aswell

anyone else want to meet up then phone me aswell

• John Wilson

January 14, 2006 at 10:14 pm

I can’t find my entry pass…… will I still get in without any hassle?

• Andy Picton

January 16, 2006 at 11:54 am

I traveled up (and back) from Cornwall for this yesterday (Sunday), justified by transporting my Son to the Autosport International event.

Dan had a great time! I had 3 hours in Trophex i.e. 3 times round every stand and and hour for lunch and then went back to the car park and napped in the car until he had finished.

Lots of visitors, not many exhibitors (I did see one or two of my suppliers who appeared to be there as visitors).

Bit of a disappointment really. What did others think? Was it a good show for the exhibitors?

• John Wilson

January 16, 2006 at 12:42 pm
    quote Andy Picton:

I traveled up (and back) from Cornwall for this yesterday (Sunday), justified by transporting my Son to the Autosport International event.

Dan had a great time! I had 3 hours in Trophex i.e. 3 times round every stand and and hour for lunch and then went back to the car park and napped in the car until he had finished.

Lots of visitors, not many exhibitors (I did see one or two of my suppliers who appeared to be there as visitors).

Bit of a disappointment really. What did others think? Was it a good show for the exhibitors?

I was really disappointed tbh, went down to see the Tjet that Your Embroidery Services were selling but they had stopped selling it 🙁 they could have told me

they have a new version and it’s a different make but they didn’t have the one for printing onto dark at the show…. makes me think it doesn’t work right

Some great stalls but most of them just slag off the other stalls 🙁

Grafityp and I-Sub Limited was about the best of them all

Nova Chrome UK were the worst of all I’d say…. not interested in anything, asked to see samples and they wanted to take orders and send me samples along with it lol

• John Robinson

January 16, 2006 at 2:34 pm

I went this morning and planned to spend most of the day there. I was back home for lunch!
    As John says, many of the exhibitors were slagging each other off (with a couple of notable exceptions) and samples were very reluctantly forthcoming. As a relative newcomer to the industry, I was hoping to pick up a lot of useful information but there was a distinct lack of interest from most exhibitors when they realised I wasn’t going to spend X thousands of pounds with them.
    All in all, a very disappointing morning, just glad that I hadn’t travelled a long way to get there. 🙁

• Lorraine Clinch

January 16, 2006 at 2:51 pm

Glad I didn’t go then! I was thinking about it, but waiting for Sign UK.
    As a newcomer, I fell in love with it all, 1st time around 2 years ago, came home buzzing. Last year was almost as good, and this year there’s the added bonus of meeting up with a crowd off here. :lol1: :lol1: :drums:

• John Wilson

January 16, 2006 at 2:54 pm
    quote Lorraine Clinch:

Glad I didn’t go then! I was thinking about it, but waiting for Sign UK.
    As a newcomer, I fell in love with it all, 1st time around 2 years ago, came home buzzing. Last year was almost as good, and this year there’s the added bonus of meeting up with a crowd off here. :lol1: :lol1: :drums:

Yeah I’m looking forward to Sign UK but just couldn’t wait that long to see certain products being used… ie tshirt printing

• Lorraine Clinch

January 16, 2006 at 2:59 pm

John, when I first got a sample T-shirt, printed with the T-jet, I was so excited with the thought of what this machine could do.

I held off though, coz of it’s newness, & not being able to print on dark.

Now I’m waiting for the price to come down, or for new developements…..

• John Wilson

January 16, 2006 at 3:02 pm
    quote Lorraine Clinch:

John, when I first got a sample T-shirt, printed with the T-jet, I was so excited with the thought of what this machine could do.

I held off though, coz of it’s newness, & not being able to print on dark.

Now I’m waiting for the price to come down, or for new developements…..

lots of the other stands were saying that there are other companies bringing out something like it….. I was quoted £10k for the dark printing

Guess once the others hit the market they will drop prices

The normal one seems really good though but £8k for a jumped up epson is a bit steap lol

• Lorraine Clinch

January 16, 2006 at 3:20 pm

There are bound to be competitors coming along soon, a bit like the variety of printers, cutters etc.

• Jim Clough

January 16, 2006 at 4:35 pm

Anyone been to the Printwear and Promtions Show in February?
    Jim

• Andy Picton

January 16, 2006 at 5:46 pm

I’ve been to P&P for the last 4 years and IMHO it is going downhill. The emphasis has shifted from machines and equipment to mainly garments. Be prepared to see all the usual suspects…. Ralawise, Pencarrie, BTC, Elms & Elms etc etc etc. On the machinery/supplies side…. Y.E.S., Victory, Magic Touch etc etc etc.

Last year the hall was padded out by having exhibitors in more than one location around the hall filling in the empty stands.

All that being said, I do use the event to meet people from around the country. Probably the best reason to attend.

PS I’m really looking forward to the Promota show this year so I’m not negative about all the shows 🙂

• Kevin.Beck

January 16, 2006 at 7:36 pm

first time there for me. in at 10 and back home for 1.

i did think there would be more machines.

has anyone got any suggestions for a starter machine.

i was looking at the gem @ £3K. limited, but got to start somewhere.

quite agree about p&p. the nec should reduce the cost of the stall, so smaller manufacturers could attend.

• Paul Franklin

January 30, 2006 at 8:41 pm

Just sent off for tickets to the P&P show, haven’t been before, but hope to make a few new contacts. Anyone else going?

• John Wilson

January 30, 2006 at 8:59 pm
    quote Paul Franklin:

Just sent off for tickets to the P&P show, haven’t been before, but hope to make a few new contacts. Anyone else going?

Myself, hope this one is worth the visit lol