Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics Translucent prints with PC600

• Translucent prints with PC600

Posted by stikrz on March 22, 2004 at 1:33 pm

Wondering if this has been tried with decent results! I have a customer asking for neon, but thought about a light box and a digital print instead, except for the backlit and possible overlaps of the ribbons showing up!

Thanks for any advice,

stikrz replied 20 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

March 22, 2004 at 8:09 pm

i am trying to imagine this to give a better answer mate.
    i think it may work to an extent. but obviosly not as bright or as dimensional as neon. i guess you would print it onto white or clear and apply to translucent white perspex.

• stikrz

March 22, 2004 at 8:14 pm

Thanks Robert,

As long as it was a full color print and dont’ think any overlapping of ribbons would show with all the light coming through it. I’ll give it a try and it’s just for a small inside window sign.

• Robert Lambie

March 22, 2004 at 9:09 pm

i run a pc60 also joe.. i would suggest printing a small section of the print onto white vinyl and onto clear vinyl.. hold it to the light and see if the bands show up. remember that the opal/translucent perspex will defuse the print a little so the bands may not be just as visible.
    if the background colour is dark also, that helps hide the bands some. 😀

• Dave Standen

March 23, 2004 at 10:18 am

Hi Folks
    If you wish to back light a PC60 print you should avoid spot colours because they would show banding more than CMYK mixing because of the knit patterns on print bands. You could also experiment if you are looking for a different effect – even on backlit – exchange Mirror Gold for process Yellow and see if that looks good – a few reflections!

Mirror Gold ? – only available from White Knight in USA
    email: printribbons@zeronet.net

Regards Dave Standen

• stikrz

March 23, 2004 at 11:40 am

Thanks again Robert and Dave. I printed one out in cmyk and it looks fine.

Take Care,