Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Printer Ink Third Party Ink other than Roland for Roland XC 540 P&C

• Third Party Ink other than Roland for Roland XC 540 P&C

Posted by Jack O'Loughlin. on April 3, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Hello all wide Format lads & lassies.
    Can you please give me your thoughts on the whole 3rd party ink thing? With the prices of ink now going through the roof and many credible offers coming with regard to Spurious Inks from 3rd parties what do you recommend? Nasdar Ink or Sun Chemical? If there another options can you advise please? I have a 54" Roland Pro 3 Print & Cut and it’s 1 year old but I am thinking of making the leap – Whaddya tink?? . . . HELP!
    (hot)

mod-edit please post in correct forum
    this has now been moved

Jack O'Loughlin. replied 15 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Chris J Giles

April 4, 2009 at 10:45 am

Nazdar inks are pretty popular over my way, no problems reported and they provide pretty good backup.

• Shane Drew

April 4, 2009 at 10:54 am

Hi Jack,

I’ve converted my two 540sc’s to TECHink and it was the best thing I’ve done.

I’ve been through less heads than when I was with Roland inks too.

I think the TI distributor is in Ireland?

Worth considering which bulk ink though. They are not all the same quality. The cheaper the ink, the more coarse the pigment, the quicker the heads wear.

TI are amongst the finest pigments you can buy.

• Kevin Flowers

April 4, 2009 at 7:57 pm

Just in the process of changing over to Nazdar/Lyson 2000 series ink in my Soljet Pro 2. Decided on them as only heard good things about them some comments from other board members

Kev

• geomet

April 6, 2009 at 7:02 am

mod-edit see board rules

• Jack O'Loughlin.

April 7, 2009 at 7:43 am

Have any of you heard of SUN CHEMICAL Inks? I have a rep who’s tying hard push it on me now that I have decided to change over. With either the Bulk or Cartridge systems have any of you had any colour calibration issues? hardware issues? etc?
    Thanks or information lads!! – JackO