Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vehicle Wrapping Thinking about switching away from Oracal 3951

• Thinking about switching away from Oracal 3951

Posted by David McDonald on May 11, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Hi All

Have used 3951 for a long time and we are very happy with the quality. However, it now seems to be more expensive than pretty much anything else I’m offered from suppliers. Some of the offers on Arlon could save me 40% per full roll media/laminate set.

We don’t switch media very often as we like to find a product we like and then stick to it but the price differences are so great we need to take a serious look at this.

Can anyone recommend another high-quality media that you think gives excellent value for money?

Many Thanks
    Macky

Russell Huffer replied 10 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Chris Wool

May 11, 2013 at 8:27 pm

We have been using the arlon about a year after ij40 priced its self out of the market.
    Mixed feelings with it the film is just fine prints very nicely could really be a bit more white.
    The laminate is ok could be a bit more gloss they say a new one on the way both backing papers suffer from humidity but no as bad as a few others. Ij40 is a tough act to follow arlon is the closest with out spending the same amount.

• David McDonald

May 12, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Hi Chris

Thanks for the input – think I’ll order some of the Arlon wrap and see how we get on.

Cheers
    Macky

• Russell Huffer

May 14, 2013 at 6:45 pm

We have used Avery with fantastic results for the last 3 years or so, we did try Arlon after meeting them at the SignUK a couple of years back, unfortunately it fell off some vehicles needed much more outgassing than the Avery and tunnelled through the printer hitting the head.
    We also had trouble with marks in the coloured Arlon media which when we spoke to them they stated was normal, very poor backup they could not supply a spec or any profiles for there cast just said use the Avery ones.
    Not saying don’t just saying be careful.

Kind regards

Russell.