Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Taking advantage of the full width of a 1520 roll when using the take-up unit

• Taking advantage of the full width of a 1520 roll when using the take-up unit

Posted by Daniel Evans on August 12, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Hey guys

Hopefully I’m just having a dumb moment but i’m stuck trying to use the take up unit successfully on my VS-640i.

My printer will take 64" rolls from what I understand but as there aren’t many medias supplied at this width I tend to buy 60" rolls.

Now my printer came with a 64" cardboard core on the take-up unit, you can put any width core by moving the left roll holder along the rail but the right holder is attached to the motor and this can’t be moved (from what I understand).

Now my issue, when I load the media, the ends must fall directly under the blue marks for the rollers, to do this I must move the media left otherwise the left side doesn’t fall under the blue mark, I could cheat and move a roller to the end but that would tell versaworks that I have larger media and I would have to manually change the width.

It seems I need to move the core on the take up left but I can’t, does anyone have a fix for this?

Personally I would have thought they would put the blue marks under certain widths or have just one long blue mark.

Hope all that makes sense.

Daniel Evans replied 7 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Robert Walker

August 12, 2016 at 9:31 pm

I keep hold of 1600mm rolls just for this purpose, I use loads of banner and blue back at this width on my VS640

• Daniel Evans

August 12, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Robert what do you do in terms of laminating, does your laminator take the full 1600mm rolls

• Robert Walker

August 12, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Ha ha I wish bought my laminator before my printer so it’s only 1370 :/

• Daniel Evans

August 12, 2016 at 9:48 pm

So how do you load the laminator if it can’t take a 1600mm roll, are you rolling it from one roll to another

• Robert Walker

August 12, 2016 at 9:50 pm

I don’t laminate 1600 only print banner and poster at 1600.

• Daniel Evans

August 12, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Sorry I mean if your printing 1370, your take up will put it on a 1600mm roll then how do you then laminate or have I missed something

• Robert Walker

August 12, 2016 at 9:57 pm

Sorry Yes I unroll and leave it loose in my drying box then re roll back onto 1370 cores for laminating

• Daniel Evans

August 12, 2016 at 9:57 pm

Ok, thanks