• Paulsad

April 30, 2002 at 4:09 pm

Lorraine I use Cdraw 10 + Sign Tools but only because I’ve used Draw for donkeys years for general print use and I’m so familiar with it. The signtools add-on I feel is not a necessity but has some nice features.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    April 30, 2002 at 4:49 pm

you have’nt lived till you have tried signlab mate!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    May 13, 2002 at 8:17 pm

I use Sign Wizard 5.1. Haven’t been able to find any thing better or easier to use

• eddie cotter

May 13, 2002 at 8:40 pm

i use corel draw9, i think its suposed to be aimed at the lower end of sign software, but its brilliant!! why pay a few grand for e6, that money would be better in the back pocket

• Phill Fenton

May 14, 2002 at 7:56 am

I use Casmate pro and Signlab 5. I’ve used Casmate for six years so prefer to use it even though everyone seems to rave about Signlab. Casmate does things that Signlab can’t (e.g. run multiple windows – I can open a number of working files and flip between them which I can’t with Signlab). I’m sure Signlab has many features that Casmate doesn’t have it’s probably a case of learning to use Signlab properly. Casmate is no longer supported so eventually I’ll probably switch over.

• Phill Fenton

May 14, 2002 at 6:12 pm

I was suprised to discover that Signlab didn’t allow you to run multiple windows. I expected it to have that sort of feature. However, I discovered today that Signlab controls my plotter in ways that Casmate can’t (i.e I can control cutting speed and pressure from the software – I normaly adjust these on the plotter local panel) – as I said, I probably should spend a bit more time to learn to use it properly and learn its features. 😀

• Martin Pearson

May 14, 2002 at 8:15 pm

Don’t worry Gray, Eddie is not laughing at all hes to busy trying to seperate his shadows!!!!!

• eddie cotter

May 15, 2002 at 7:22 pm

yeah, martin, its a pain in the back side. i am going to start saving
    my pocket money & then buy signlab & then one day i may be able to make signs as nice as grays

• Martin Pearson

May 16, 2002 at 10:55 pm

I’m only teasing Eddie, I hope you can sort the problem out. You dont have to buy the full blown version straight away, why not look out for an older version and then you can upgrade at a latter date.

• Paulsad

May 28, 2002 at 7:19 pm

I’d like to stick in a vote for Signgo since Jim reintroduced me to it – I downloaded a trial weeks ago and never really tried it out till Jim’s post "Anyone tried Signgo" Now I’m hooked – trouble is I’ve only got 2 days left on the free trial period – "Bugger!"

• Lorraine Buchan

May 28, 2002 at 8:33 pm

• Lorraine Buchan

May 28, 2002 at 8:35 pm

• Lorraine Buchan

May 28, 2002 at 8:58 pm

• Paulsad

May 28, 2002 at 9:55 pm

Lorraine – I agree about paying for software – if we don’t – no one will bother writing any more. (If I think its worth it which Signgo is.) Similar to the music thing – free mp3 file sharing – where does it lead – no new music!

• Lorraine Buchan

May 28, 2002 at 10:08 pm

• Paulsad

June 28, 2002 at 3:26 pm

Another programme I find very useful is Xara X it is a really nice drawing package and its British in origin. When it first came out it was a bit of a revolution in the making but then Corel bought it – basically I think because it considered Xara to be seious competition, Xara is now back with its original creators and has some nice features, too long too list but I think demo copies are available from the xara site.

http://www.xara.com

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    June 28, 2002 at 5:06 pm

well this is an older topic but lorraine your not the only one i use flexi sign pro 6.6v1 i’d use gerber advantage 6.2, casmate, the other crazy program is starts with a u i think unex? i dot remember it suck so it really matters i also use photoshop, corel, illustrator, casmate, quark express, vinyl express master and i think thats it
    Flexi is pretty cool

have a coll day katz
    oreo

• Joe McNamara

June 28, 2002 at 5:29 pm

Hi all
    I use vinylmaster pro and corel for some things. VMP is really good for the money and has loads of features…..it’s about 400 dollars (US) and I think they have agents in the uk now. Easy to use too!
    Signjoe

• Donnie

August 2, 2002 at 3:06 am

Your not all alone Lorraine, I’m a proud Flexi user myself. Throw in a little Corell, and I haven’t found anything I cant do.
    Have you upgraded to the new version?

• Lorraine Buchan

August 4, 2002 at 12:07 am

• Brian Ellis

September 9, 2002 at 2:46 pm

Hi

If you would like to try Vinyl Master Pro.

I can send you a Demo Disk including the Future RIP SE.

futurecorp@tiscali.co.uk

Regards

Future Corporation UK Limited

• jsco59

September 9, 2002 at 3:54 pm

I’ll put in a vote for VMP. It’s WELL worth the money. Try the demo disk!

• steve

September 10, 2002 at 5:16 pm

GIVE ME FLEXI SIGN 5.6 5.8 AND ALL THE SIXES IT IS THE BUSINESS NEVER FAILS ME I’VE USED IT SINCE 1986 AND SIGN EXPRESS BEFORE THAT I THINK THAT THIS WAS THE VERY FIEST SIGNMAKING PROGRAMME IT WAS CRAP WE USE ILLUSTRATOR 10. QUARK 5. PHOTOSHOP 4 – AN ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE FOR PIC EDITING, FILEMAKER PRO FOR MY WEBSITE AND EDITING OUTLOOK 5.2. E MAIL, CORAL DRAW 9. FOR THE 1 AND ONLY PC- GRAPHICS ADVANTAGE AND ARTPACK FOR THE ROUTER SOFTWARE AND LAST AND DEFINATELY LEAST COMES FREEHAND 9!- UCH
    AND OF COURSE 6 JUICY G4 MACS THE VERY VERY BEST GRAPHICS AND SIGNMAKING KIT!