Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Summa Cutters Summa D140fx cutter, help with markers

• Summa D140fx cutter, help with markers

Posted by Nick Minnery on June 9, 2020 at 8:28 am

Morning guys

I’ve just bought a new Summa D140fx cutter, and I’m struggling a bit with the register marks.

I made some 10mm square marks, and place the head over the marks to start with…..

first mark

sensor seems to find mark

scans over it

Then says try again.. :awkward:

Does anything look wrong, on those pictures?

Thanks very much

Pane Talev replied 3 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Pane Talev

June 9, 2020 at 8:36 am

You don’t make the OPOP XY Registration Marks.

Adobe illustrator or CorelDraw makes your marks with a click of a button.

• Nick Minnery

June 9, 2020 at 8:46 am

Cheers Pane. I did try that originally (set OPOS markers in CorelDraw), wouldn’t recognise those either ❓ ………

• Pane Talev

June 9, 2020 at 8:47 am

……..

Attachments:

• Pane Talev

June 9, 2020 at 8:48 am

What program do you use to send to cut?

Don’t forget, you need to send to OPOS cut when cutting file with registration marks. (This is with Summa Winplot)

• Nick Minnery

June 9, 2020 at 9:02 am

I just send it to Winplot via Corel. I don’t get that far though. I load the vinyl into the cutter….

then = move cutting head, over bottom RH mark,

choose ‘media alignment’ on cutter. It tries for about 30 secs, hovering over first mark….then stops…and says try again

• Alan Drury

June 9, 2020 at 9:33 am

I use winplot with corel too. I only have a recognition problem if the marks have been laminated over.
    I move the pointer over the first mark using the plotter and set that as origin. Send job from winplot using opos option. I get a message on plotter to basically repeat the moving of the head over first mark. I just press enter on plotter and away she goes. Bearing in mind my plotter is over 15 years old the procedure may be a bit slicker now.

• Nick Minnery

June 9, 2020 at 9:35 am
    quote Alan Drury:

I use winplot with corel too. I only have a recognition problem if the marks have been laminated over.

Thanks Alan. Hmmm, wondering if the vinyl is too glossy, perhaps?

• Alan Drury

June 9, 2020 at 9:42 am

I trim laminate away from any marks. I have also used the magic sticky tape used by photographers. Opticaly clear but matt finish. I put that over marks initially, mixed results and not as good for me as removing laminate over marks.

• Pane Talev

June 9, 2020 at 10:21 am
    quote Nick Minnery:

quote Alan Drury:

Thanks Alan. Hmmm, wondering if the vinyl is too glossy, perhaps?

Laminated vinyl cannot cause this problem.
    Select artwork. Send to OPOS cut.
    The mashine will not start.
    Then you go to the cutter and manually put knife on top of the first reg mark.
    Knife needs to be over reg mark/ not eye!

• Nick Minnery

June 9, 2020 at 10:47 am

Pane, that worked! Thanks very much for your help pal- really appreciate it :thumbsup:

Alan, thank you too 😉

• Pane Talev

June 9, 2020 at 6:10 pm

Glad to have helped. :thumbsup: