Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers SP540v and printing grey

• SP540v and printing grey

Posted by Andrew Blackett on January 8, 2009 at 7:44 pm

Having a really bad time trying to get the versacamm to print greys, the design in question is a black rectangle with carbon fibre effect bitmap at the bottom – then the bitmap is faded into the black so it disappears.

But when I print it the greys have greeny tinges? Anyone come across this and any ideas how to get round it.

Andy

Andrew Blackett replied 15 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • David Rogers

January 8, 2009 at 9:07 pm

In your profiles set it to MONOCHROME so that it will only use the BLACK ink for the entire print process.

Makes for some quite pleasing black to white fades.

Dave

• Andrew Blackett

January 8, 2009 at 9:31 pm

Thanks Dave, will give this a go tomorrow.

I take it that I can do this in versaworks?

Andy

• David Rogers

January 8, 2009 at 9:59 pm

i would expect so.

i use Wasatch / Troop – I suppose all of the same functions have to be in both packages.

• Andrew Blackett

January 9, 2009 at 9:01 am

Having a struggle finding out how this is done in versaworks, anybody done it before?

Andy

• Richard

January 9, 2009 at 10:07 am

Take a look at this document from Roland USA

• Andrew Blackett

January 9, 2009 at 11:01 am

Perfect thanks Richard,

Andy

• Andrew Blackett

January 9, 2009 at 5:19 pm

Been messing about with it this afternoon, but still couldnt get the result I wanted. The client who the work is for is the owner of the mini club and forum and I want him to be 100% happy.

I ended up making my own vectored version of carbon fibre and just dropping the fade – he came and saw the sample and was delighted.

Will post some pics when complete

Andy