Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers SP540i stuck on processing when not in use

• SP540i stuck on processing when not in use

Posted by Warren Beard on November 1, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Hi All

I haven’t turned my printer on today and it came on by itself which is normal but has not turned off in over 30 minutes now and just says "now processing" and continues to run.

I’m not sure what’s going on with it and don’t want to just switch the power off in case it’s not good for it?

Anybody have any ideas why it’s doing that?

cheers

Warren

Gareth Howells replied 13 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jason Davies

November 1, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Hi Warren, this happened to one of my VP’s once. I just knocked it off at the mains and restarted. Seemed to be fine after that.

Jason

• Warren Beard

November 1, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Cheers Jason, well it eventually stopped a few minutes ago but was very strange as it usually is only a minute or 2 to do a quick clean, this was over an hour 😕

seems OK now

cheers

Warren

• Quentin Tomkies

November 2, 2010 at 1:29 am

Hi Warren,

We have a VP540i, and the same thing has happened to us a couple times – we have come in in the morning, and it was already running, sitting on ‘now processing’. Had to switch it off at the mains to reset, and then seems to be OK…

Cheers
    Q

• Warren Beard

November 2, 2010 at 7:58 am

Thanks Quentin, I woke up this morning to it doing the same thing again so am going to turn it off at the mains and back on again and hope it sorts it out.

cheers

Warren

• Gareth Howells

November 6, 2010 at 10:37 pm

hi warren, im about to order one of these on monday from mc link in preston. where did you get yours and what did you pay for it mate ?

thanks

Gareth