Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers SP540i missing nozzles on new head

• SP540i missing nozzles on new head

Posted by Samuel Przystarz on October 16, 2016 at 8:45 pm

Hi All,
    We have a sp540i which is 2 headed printer.
    Few days back we had a new black/cyan head fitted. All dampers and cap tops have been replaced. Everything was working great until 3 days later when the cyan started to cause banding when printing for longer then 5-10 mins. Very likely it was ink starvation therefore I made an attempt to get the dampers replaced and properly primed on that head. The problem started when I touched the damper. The black manifold spike went off like it was made of glass. I was extremely carefull to remove the cyan damper and guess what same thing. I have done the dampers dozens of times.
    I replaced the manifold and the test print has some imperfections. I can not get it back to 100% for 2 days now. I ve soaked it overnight, pulled the ink through cap top with no results.
    Do you guys think this might be related to any electric faults?
    Very unhappy to get another head. If the heads are made like that these days then I will be making my way to latex.

Attachments:

Samuel Przystarz replied 7 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Kevin Flowers

October 16, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Hi
    was it a genuine Roland head, there are some manifolds out there that are made ou of Sh*te plastic

Kev

• Samuel Przystarz

October 17, 2016 at 3:47 pm

The head was ordered from Digiprint and so were dampers, cap tops and manifolds.
    I have not replaced the little seal that goes between the head and manifold.