Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers sp300v reading wrong media width

• sp300v reading wrong media width

Posted by Lloyd Morgan on August 16, 2012 at 3:39 pm

sp300v reading wrong media width
    where ever i put the pinch rollers its reading about 190mm less that the actual width of the media. its becoming a problem.

any ideas what i should try? is there a calibration or something i need to do?

thanks

Chris Wool replied 11 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • HarveyShaw

August 17, 2012 at 7:59 am

Sounds like teh encoder strip is dirty or on its way out. People have cleaned them and even turned them over. If you search the boards you will find more info about it.

About £150 for a new one plus call out and fitting !

Harv

• Stafford Cox

August 22, 2012 at 8:01 am

Sorry Harv, but this is unlikely to be the encoder strip.

The media width is not detected by the encoder strip, that just tells the head what position it’s at on the carriage. You’ll probably find that there’s a sensor on the left side pinch roller that is dirty, the sensor is faulty, or the flex cable that runs from the head board to mainboard is faulty (common fault on these machines unfortunately). Most likely you’ll need to replace the flex cable and clear plastic strips either side of it.

Stafford

• Chris Wool

August 22, 2012 at 9:06 am

think roland sorted it for him after more info came to light, might have been he did not understand the difference between roll width and printable area.