Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Printer Ink SP300V INK PROBLEM

• SP300V INK PROBLEM

Posted by Anthony Searls on August 21, 2009 at 2:06 am

Got a sp300v a couple weeks ago from another shop that upgraded. Machine is about 1 year old and just serviced by a roland tech. I have been printing small jobs to get used to it and my ink levels were full except magenta was 1 bar from full. Tonight in the middle of a job it says it ran out all of the sudden of magenta. I havent printed nearly enough for this to happen. Bottle is nearly empty and was printing just fine until then. Carts were new (supposingly) when I picked the machine up. Any ideas?

Anthony Searls replied 14 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Phill Fenton

August 21, 2009 at 6:39 am

Most likely explanation is that your ink level indication was wrong. I have a cadet (which is a converted versacamm) and whenever a part used cartridge is removed and then re-inserted, the ink level indicator resets to full even if the cartridge is nearly empty. The same principle probably applies to your machine.

Might be an idea to check the other cartidges to see how much ink remains in them

• Gary Birch

August 21, 2009 at 7:08 am

What Phill says is correct on the Versacamm. To be certain give the cartridge a shake and see if you can feel ink moving around, if not its empty. If there is try and put it back in and you may squeeze a few more metres out of it.

Cheers

Gary

• Karl Williams

August 21, 2009 at 7:48 am

When you say small jobs how many? If it’s your first machine and you’re not used to it you may have printed more tests and samples than you think.You soon get through it when you’re learning.

• Anthony Searls

August 21, 2009 at 11:51 am

I think your right. Also when it was first set up, i had to do a few cleanings to get the heads cleared out from the move. I think it uses Magenta on that head to clean, so that could have eaten it up. Thanks guys. Next question is, will it be ok to sit till monday when my ink arrives?